Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Where have I been? What have I been up to???

Well.....first and foremost I want to say that I was not able to add all the photos I wanted, because for some reason I am not able to turn them to the correct position in this blog...so another to follow with more photos! I've been a terrible blogger...but on my own little vacation, so I took some time off!!!

Most Importantly....I am a new Aunt! Yippee!

Lilly Grace Melvin

Born - June 22 at 10:33 pm

Wt - 7 lbs 12 oz

Ht - 20 1/2 inch

I will note...she looks exactly like Lia when she was born! I'll have to get out my comparison photos and put them side by side soon!












  • I have been hiding out at my parents for quite some time...and here are a few of the events that were going on!

  • The anniversary balloons at my Uncle John and Aunt Janice's party were a big hit....for all the kids...I wish I could have added more pic's of them....to come soon! It was a wonderful day seeing many family members (even aunts, uncles and cousins from Florida) and all extended family. They had an awesome turnout and the day went very well. I was doing the photos so I didn't get to talk and visit near as much as I would have liked....but that's ok!




Aunts and a few cousins goofing off....Ok, Connie and I are the only ones goofing off.






Aunts and some cousins behaving :-)





Johnny, Janice and their 5 girls!!!!







My Mama (middle burnt orange shirt) with her sisters and brothers!







Ok...so the week was filled with potty training.....thus came rewards. One reward was STICKERS and ya can't turn your back for a minute. This is how I found my moms end table, and Lyza's face! :-)) At least she had fun with them!









We headed to the beach one day with the "McKibben" crew and extended family.......they had a great time....we all did, but it is hard for me to keep Lyza out in the sun for more than just a few hours....so we went back in the evening to fish and hang out at the camper! Brydon....well, that kid is not right. As you can see in the photos below, he's a wild shark. He just loves being thrown a mile or two and is relentless!!!! He wore me out...so I know he had to have worn Chris out because Chris was the main Uncle Thrower :-))) Again, lots of pic's I could not get on here, but hope to soon! I don't think there are any of Aunt Trishy....and she is by far Lyza's favorite person right now! :-)






































































































































These are at my parents back in the creeks. We would go nightly to let her swim and throw rocks...I swore, she could have stayed there all night. We took all three kiddos a couple of times and it got pretty deep and was fun....they could have all stayed there for hours on end too...but someone was bound to end up drowining if we stayed longer than we did!







































  • And yes....there is a new "Little Miss" in our family! Her original name was "Honeybear"....but Lyza kept either calling her Honeypuppy or Puppybear......and "Puppybear" stuck. Madisyn says she will NOT call the dog Puppybear...and Chris said the same thing....so now after a week almost, it is funny to hear him saying "Come on PuppyBear"! Madisyn renamed her Macy....so now Lyza just calls her "PuppyBear Macy".......Much harder to retrain the 2 year old than the pup. She is a Pomeranian pup...little fuzzball!! She is only 3.5 lbs and will only gain maybe another 1 lb if we are lucky! She was already housetrained and all that good stuff...so the transition has been VERY easy......

  • So...here are a few photos of "Puppybear Macy" :-)


















































4 comments:

Becky said...

Love the pic of Lyza and puppybear! Too cute!!!

Vanessa said...

I have been wondering where you have been!! LOL!! Cute photos! Oh and my little Olivia loves to be thrown in the water like that too!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks alot Misyt I can't believe you wouldn't post any pics of me :(

Susan Warren said...

Great pictures and so many memories in the making! Have a wonderful 4th of July weekend!