Friday, December 4, 2009

FFF- "Christmas Traditions"


"Traditions"
This stocking has to be my FAVORITE tradition, as you can see, it is from Guatemala....in this stocking Santa leaves ONLY gifts from Guatemala for each member of our family!!

Our Tree All Lit up This Year
I realize this Angel is not REAL pretty.....LOL....however, this angel has been in our family for 34 years at least...cause that is yes, "sigh"...my age! I loved this angel growing up and used to even sleep with her. I think my mom could no longer bear to look at her....so she passed her on to me. I display her with pride....and yes, Chris and Madisyn make fun of me.......but I don't care! :-)










To visit more "Traditions" go to www.memeandmonkey.blogspot.com/







WARNING: Photo Overload! Guess we have more traditons than I though! :-))







Below are some photos of us trimming the tree and decorating!















We read a "few" books the night Before Christmas...."A Very Marley Christmas" was one we added last year!



" God Gave Us Christmas".....and as always, since birth of both of my kiddos, and ever since I can remember my mom reading to us "The Night Before Christmas". I just happened to upgrade to a new book last year that has awesome pop up pages. Same version, just way cooler photos than the one I had when I was a kid (and I still have it!)
















































  • I used to be one of those gals that had to have
    the perfect looking tree, no mismatched ornaments...perfect ornaments that
    matched with bows to trim it. Not anymore....Chris has gotten an ornament
    from his Nanna ever since he was born, therefore when we married, we started a
    new tradition of all our ornaments because they mean something to us! In
    this blog you will find:


***Lyza's First year home ornament that was given to me by a very dear friend.


***Homeade ornament of Lyza (it's my favorite, she
made us all ornaments) from my friend Jennifer.


***Chris' VERY first ornament...1977...WHOA
:-)


***Maddy's first ornament of a pinecone she made
in kindergarten.


***Her Dream car - Lime Green
Punchbuggy


***My favorite that Maddy, Chris, Lyza got me last
year of the volleyball player


****"The Grinch" ornament made out of a lightbulb
that Madisyn made in girlscouts one year!


****My "Mouse Photographer" ornament that my dear
friend Becky got me last year.....too CUTE!
































































































We brought this home from Guatemala when we went to pick Lyza up. It is a Nativity made out of corn husks. I have to admit, it is one of my favorite things to put out each year..... We let Lyza set it up, then of course fix it how it really goes! This year she understood it was from Guatemala and kept saying it was pretty!









































































I have photos of our outdoor decor in a previous post....so check those out too!
Have a Blessed Holiday Season!



















11 comments:

Kim & Dave said...

I love the GT stocking idea! I am looking for a way to incorparate out Guat tot's heritage. Do you order stuff online to put in it?

Becky said...

Too funny -- Chris's 1977 ornament.. I have an almost identical one from 1975!!! And I LOVE the Nativity. I soooo wish I had seen/bought something like that when we were in Guatemala.

vaneblu said...

I love your traditions, the keepsakes ornaments are great!

Gardenia said...

first, i love your new blog layout. very Christmassy. and I loved reading about your traditions. The 34 year old Angel is the best. really, I love opening the ornaments box every year and seeing all those precious ornaments that have meaning!

Gardenia said...

first, i love your new blog layout. very Christmassy. and I loved reading about your traditions. The 34 year old Angel is the best. really, I love opening the ornaments box every year and seeing all those precious ornaments that have meaning!

nora said...

Awesome way to document ALL of your traditions! I always wanted the "perfect" tree, but we have so many sweet ornaments that we couldn't part with, that I enjoy ours more.

Kim & Dave said...

Yes, please send me that blog link-that'd be great!!!

One thing I wish we had a way of doing is picking up clothes for our oldest daughter-she has pretty much outgrown all her GT dresses-which she loves!

Carrie said...

I love the Guatamala Stocking idea! That is so special!!!

Melinda said...

Love the Guatemala stocking idea!! Great traditions!

One Busy Momma said...

Awesome traditions!!!!!

Love how everyone has their special ornaments!!!
My parents did that for me...and we try to do it for our kiddos also!
Love that you love that angel! Must be special to you for a reason...and that is ok!!!!

Hannah said...

That is awesome. I love that stocking!

I have one of those perfectly matching trees...but my kids each get an ornament each year so it isn't "perfectly" matching anymore...but I love it :)