Wednesday, April 2, 2008

BEAUTIFUL day......

Madisyn at her first track meet!!! Way to go Jets!
Walking????? Te he he!

Even the dogs had a wonderful spring day! I love Gracie's ears!













Spring has sprung and oh what a beautiful day it was!! I love spring....I think I have mentioned that before! It was a beautiful day out and we spent most of the day outdoors. After taking Lyza to the Humane Society to visit the doggies...we went to the park and then hung out at home! It is supposed to start raining tonight and we are supposed to get about 4" of rain with severe thunderstorms tomorrow night. I could do without the rain...but I do love the thunderstorms. One of our favorite pastimes...sitting out on the porch during the thunderstorms! The Humane Society field trip with Lyza went pretty well....she about went nuts with so many animals at once. She bounced back and forth from cat to cat...then the real fun began when we got in the little puppy kennels. It was so cute....her repeated "Doggie, Doggie, Doggie" was hysterical!!! She would poke her fingers in and they would lick her...and she would pull her finger out and give us her "surprised" face! Then we took her in the big dog kennels which didn't go so well......a beagle barked LOUDLY at her and it hurt her feelings....so we listened to her cry hysterically for about 5 minutes.....we know the workers pretty well and they all came running...thought one had bit her! They will learn she is sensitive to loud noises! But..we took her back in the puppy kennels and she was just fine again. What an adventure.






Madisyn had her first track meet tonight and I must say....she did VERY well! She has trouble with side stitches and she has had asthma like symptoms in the past...so her lung capacity is just not real great. She must get that from me because even though I ran track for several years....I was terrible at distance running. I was a hurdler and high jumper and anytime I would have to run more than a 400 meter..it about killed me. She ran an 800 and to be honest we didn't think she would finish......BUT SHE DID...AND SHE WASN'T LAST! She actually was about right in the middle....not first, but certainly not last and she beat about 10 other girls. We were so proud of her. She did walk a little bit....but we told her that we only wanted her to finish...whether she walked it or ran it and SHE DID!!! She has been practicing hurdles and a relay...but she didn't get picked for those events at this meet. Maybe next time. Lyza was very good at the track meet too.......she loves to be outdoors, so I think that helped. Last night we took her to Maddy's dance class and she did well and danced up a storm for the first 10 min. After that she was done.....so not a pleasant hour for us. I sat in the truck with her most of the time!






I hope this finds everyone well......!!



Misty





No comments: