Sunday, April 20, 2008

New Photos.....Happy Sunday!


Miss Chloe.......7.3 lbs at 5 1/2 wks!
Lyza checking out the new railroad ties for our driveway!




Our New Driveway

Miss Madisyn

Lyza in the "Baby Cage" while we worked outside!

Mama got a new haircut....and color! Big step for me, my hair was REALLY getting long! Here it is fixed.....

Mama....with my hair "not fixed"....:-)
We are really enjoying our second night at the hotel. We are little ready to go home though...why is it you can't wait to get away from home for a little while, then you can't wait to get back home all at the same time? I guess that is a good thing. I went to visit my Nanna today and told her that we went home 3 or 4 times yesterday and had already been home just as many today checking on our dogs, cats and other critters! She got a chuckle out of that. To make it even funnier.....it was supposed to be a "getaway" for Chris and I since we have never left Lyza for over three hours since we brought her home last June.....and we ended up falling asleep in separate beds! :-) We had a good time hanging out in the hot tub, pool, playing cards etc....but what I think we really lacked was just SLEEP! Not that we don't get sleep, but you know how when you have a new baby or kids in the house your sleep is very interrupted because you have to check on them a million times.....(ok, maybe everyone doesn't, but I DO! ). I have always had that obsession of checking on Madisyn and Lyza since they were born! Just being a mama' I guess!
Today so far we have gone home..ha ha, this morning we went to get Lyza at her grandparents (she did very well.....AND the little booger slept until 9 am and went to bed at 7:30 pm last night!). She is normally a really good sleeper and goes to bed early but I NEVER get her to sleep in. I am going for new shades this week!!! I think most of it is due to Maddy getting up and ready for school and it wakes her. Either that or she knows that Dora and Diego are on in the mornings and she can't miss it! She did very well at Chris' parents and to be honest, I wasn't real worried at all like I thought I would be. We missed her and about 9 pm Chris wanted to go get her last night.....but I told him we had to let her stay (plus she was already asleep). So after getting Lyza....we went to pick Madisyn up from her mission trip weekend! She had a WONDERFUL time and is blogging about it on her site (www.maddysgab.blogspot.com/). She is SOOO very tired though, so she is writing in shifts. She was telling us all about it this afternoon and the girl is VERY long winded like my daddy (sorry dad) and it takes forever for her to tell a story. SO, my attention span was not as long as her story...so I guess I will read more about it as she blogs!!! I could tell that she had grown in FAITH over the weekend and learned so much....mainly to be thankful for the things she has, her family and that her family (all of us...mom, dad, Donna, Chris and grandparents) raise her in a Christian home and are setting good examples and values (we try anyway). It truly was an investment for those who helped to fund her trip...I know it was done anonymously, so THANK YOU to each of you who helped in some way whether it was monetary, clothing drive, food drive or just encouraging her. Also, if her financial needs were met, the money went to less priviledged children so they could go.
This afternoon we all went swimming, had dinner and now we are getting ready to head to bed!! We did some bible devotions before hitting the pool and Madisyn shared some of the verses she learned. I know both of the kiddos and us parents are tuckered out. We just ordered our room service breakfast and I will take Madisyn to school in the morning and drop Chris off to sleep for the day. I am coming back to the hotel to take Lyza swimming again. I can't wait to post the photos of her swimming like a big girl in her floaties!!! She is so funny....and she loved big "sista" throwing her around in the pool and splashing!
Have a blessed night.......
Misty


3 comments:

Cindy said...

I love all the photos! You have beautiful daughters. Your blog looks great too...

Angel said...

YAY!!! Have fun! Love the blog look. Angel

Deacon Pat said...

You have a beautiful family. I enjoyed your blog. God's peace to you and your family.......