Sunday, July 20, 2008

New Haircut....weekend photos!!




We had a wonderful weekend at my parents! Friday my mom and I took Lyza, Brydon and LaRissa to Blue Spring Caverns on a boat ride through the caverns. Lyza talked all the way through it (poor tour guide..but how do you keep a one year old from babbling?? She is too young to "shhh" and she doesn't understand). LaRissa said she "Did NOT" like the tour (but she loved the polished rocks I got her) and Brydon DID like the boat ride! They were super funny and LaRissa was such a big help chasing Lyza around and keeping her contained! They really are going to have a special bond! Afterwards we headed to my aunts to visit all the cousins...although our stay was short we had a really great visit! We headed home and I spent the evening fetching Brydon up from the bottom of the pool. That kid is like a sinker...he jumps straight in, sinks to the bottom and doesn't come up. I have NEVER seen anything like it!! LaRissa and I made a blackberry cobbler and all was well in the world!! We stayed up really late and we all took the golf cart up in the fields and woods of the property and had a great time......dog included! She only got ran over twice! :-( Poor thing! That didn't make LaRissa very happy...and she wanted that dog ON the golf cart and once when she was out running the field LaRissa just got off the cart and ran with her. I don't know how she did it..it was a million degrees out! That little girl needs a puppy (hint hint daddy)!





Saturday I went to a bridal shower for my friend, Georgia. It was good to see her and some other friends as well! They opened the new "dime store" in town and we took a gander around it! My sister in law (thank you , thank you, thank you) gave me a massage Saturday afternoon and then Chris and I took the golf cart back out in the country and let Chloe run through the creeks. She loved the ponds, fields and creeks! She had a great stay too!



Today we got Maddy's new bedroom furniture in her room! Shhh...it's a surprise! It looks really good and she is going to love all the extra drawers. I spent the morning getting it all ready for her arrival on Wednesday. She loves to come home and find new clothes, toys, goodies on her bed!! So...that is what I do! She doesn't need more junk or more clothes...but somehow when she comes home there is always something on her bed! Chris' mom and Mark came over and watched Lyza this afternoon while we went to the grocery store. It is rare that we can go to the store together and get the things we need! So....what a nice treat! The fair starts today and the neighbors came to get our cage to get their goats to the fair and bring us a pass to get in all week. Perhaps I will take the girls and Lyza will see a cow that says "Boooo"....Yes, that is how she says the cow goes! :-)




xoxoxo


Misty



Lyza with her new haircut!


Baby Kitten this morning...isn't she cute?




LaRissa and Lyza at BlueSpring Caverns



Let me help you into that water we are not supposed to be in!!!




Katelyn





Kelci





Aunt Trishy feeding Lyza



Dusty feeding Lyza....yes, she eats a lot!







Brydon and Jordyn



LaRissa telling Jordyn how it is!



Nonny trying to corral the grandkids! Where is Maddy when you need her help??



Ummm, YUCK! or GUCK as Lyza would say!

















2 comments:

Becky said...

OMG! You are killing me - I have been strong ... holding my ground that Juliana could not have a Kitty until she was older, but that picture of your kitten has just about sent me over the edge. (that and a 3 year old who asks for one 100 times a day!)
Looks like you all had an awesome weekend!

Misty McKibben-Melvin said...

Face it mom...she needs a kitten...and Aunt Misty has five for her to choose from! They are part siamese....but gray/black in color and one all smokey colored one! Hang in there Jules..I'm rooting for you!! Kitties! Kitties! Kitties!
xoxoxo