Tuesday, September 16, 2008

One Year Ago.....

These are photographs from ONE YEAR AGO! My how we have all changed......and in some way, not at all!

We stayed overnight in a RV rental at Holiday World (Lake Rudolph) for the annual Toyota event. However, there was none this year.....so we didn't get to go to Holiday World this year. Perhaps had they announced that sooner, we may have gone on our own. That's ok though....we've had plenty to do around here!

Update you into the Melvin Family News: Sunday we woke up to flickering lights and winds all around us. I didn't think much of it until I looked out my back bedroom window and our neighbors lawn furniture was in our yard! So.......after picking Maddy up at her friends I had Chris go help him get it because it was a glass one and a few weeks ago our glass table was flipped and busted...not fun to clean up. While the electicity was still on we were able to get a pot of chili done, a fruit pizza made, and some velveeta cheese/bean dip in the crock pot. Football/Lounging Sunday are taken seriously around here! The Colts were on too........so we just HAD to have electricity for this game. After lunch, Chris and Maddy (being the huge Colts fans they are).....fell asleep for 2 hrs. I pointlessly went outside to start picking up tree limbs and making piles. I was about to cry doing it all...it looked as if it would never end.....then I had to stop, pray and think how these families who really were hit by hurricanes must be feeling!! There are still many families here in our area with out power, but luckily we have ours and it seems that by Wed/Thurs all should be back to normal. All I can say is that it came at a great time, as we needed firewood for the upcoming Octoberfest Party Madisyn is having in conjunction with Lyza's 2nd Birthday party on Oct. 24.

Madisyn's News:

Madisyn is excelling in every class but one...dang, she has a "B" in it. I swear the girl checks her grades online like 5x per night to see if it has mysteriously gone up! She says to me yesterday "But mom, I've only got four weeks to get that "B" to an "A". I am so very proud of her for maintaining her grades. I know at this age with everything life throws at you it is easy to get distracted and put things by the wayside. I also want to reiterate that I am not one of those parents holding a bat over her head making her get her homework done. That is one thing she prides herself in and she does very well.

She is in volleyball right now and doing great...she may not think so, she's hard on herself. Some games are just off games, and I know it doesn' t help having your mom as one of your coaches.......I do come down a bit harder on her, but that is only because I know what she is capable of. We work,practice and play together....she'll get there.

She is in school Dance team right now also. They are doing a clinic at the University of Southern Indiana on Saturday. She is also in the Achieve Dance Academy and they have agreed to not let her start until school dance is over due to costs, time, etc. She catches on very well....she will also take an hour of gymnastics there as well. Busy Busy girl.........

This week is ISTEP testing week, so she's not happy that I am making her go to bed early. She is a beautiful, smart young lady though. She couldn't make a mother more proud. She has such compassion....so I know I have to be doing something right!

Lyza's News
Oh Lyza...where do I begin. First off I must say...if you see Lyza and she looks up your shirt looking for "boobies" I apologize. She does that to everyone, including stuffed animals and toys! I don't know where she gets this from.....yes, I do but I won't rat her super cute daddy out! She also likes to say "Hi Stinky" to whoever she may be talking to. So please don't be offended.......just her "thing to say" right now.
She loves "THE WONDER PETS" again and goes around singing "Whats it gonna take.......teeemmmwok, ohhhh, ahhhhhh". The girl will squeal and do her side mayan dance for almost every song. She loves "Word World" and goes through anything in our home that has letters and says A, C, O, T...like she's spelling it out. She can count to 10 pretty consistantly if you are helping her.
She does throw fits....LOTS OF THEM if she doesn't get her way , her yummies, or her tv show. Ahhhhhh, those terrible two's coming in!!
Nonetheless , in my eyes, both my girls are Gift From God and I treasure them every minute.....LIE....almost every minute! You moms know what I mean.
Lauren and Maddy at Holiday World
Maddy and Lauren

Lyza on her first carousel....


Daddies (Gabe and Chris) putting Lyza and Luca on their ride!!!


WE stayed in a camper....Lauren, Madisyn, Lyza and Luca! Poor boy...he was the only one besides the big men!!










Maddy and Luca playing badmitten




Mama and Lyza Faith relaxing!




Princess Maddy Moo




  • Maddy and Lyza taking off on the golf cart!!! (Well, wishing anyway)

























1 comment:

Cindy said...

Wonder Pets is one of Daniel's favorites too. He has gone around all week singing that song.