Monday, September 8, 2008

Snow days.....?!!!

NO...it is not QUITE winter yet...but I had fun browsing last year's "Snow Day" pic's today after getting out winter coats last night! Read on......enjoy!

Ok...so anyone who knows me knows that my kids wardrobes are bought about a year in advance....and they are bundled as thick as the Michelin Tire Kiddo when out in the snow! Actually, Madisyn is so picky now that I can't buy for her at all...she must be with me, and it goes on an as needed basis!!! Once Upon a Child and Mama' picking things out just does not go over at all anymore! Ahhh....what happened to my baby, she used to think I had good taste! Lyza, on the other hand.....EASY. You can find so much at Once Upon a Child and clearanced out stuff at $1.00-$2.00/outfit for next season is just unbeatable! Moral to my story......last night I pulled out the winter coats to see that we had what we needed for this upcoming snow season! The girls were both good to go.....and Lyza had 5 winter coats from last year!!! (Ok, friends, family do send hand me downs, which is double the fun!) Her wardrobe is enough for all the children in Guatemala, which is exactly what I do when she outgrows........what CAN go to the orphanage where baby Sydney is, goes! Sometimes there is not always a traveling mission group so some things find a new home through ebay......but it is nice to be able to send the things to the orphanage when possible. I have a feeling that is going to halt now that you must pay for luggage with the airlines. That is really too bad. I am not sure how that is going to work with missions groups, as they take many needed items to countries and in the States that are needed by these children.

Fall is actually my favorite season.....there really isn't a season I dislike, as they all have advantages. I love Spring because of all the new life popping up!! The temps start going up and makes for wonderful mornings on the porch with a cup of coffee. Summer, sometimes the heat does make me cranky if camping when it is too hot.....but I love a cold pool and laying out!

Fall.......WONDERFUL for camping, getting the family under a large "family made" blanket on those chilly nights by the bonfire and hot chocolate on the porch in the evenings and mornings is the BEST! Winter: I LOVE SNOW DAYS. I don't know why...I am a homemaker so I am home all the time anyway...but something about that weather strip popping up on the TV, "NO SCHOOL" for our county is just as exciting for me as it is Maddy! When we know the night before we normally get a friend here before it gets too bad....and we make a nice spot out in the living room by the fire and watch movies, eat popcorn and make hot chocolate. My dryer runs from sun up until sundown from all the kids running in and out with all their snow gear during the day! We have GREAT hills for sledding....one of the perks of being back out in the country! NOTHING like a fire, warm blankie and watching the kids play!!!



Lyza in her wintercoat for THIS year. Bargain when I was shopping with my mom last year for 10 bucks. Has an inner fall jacket that is detachable also!!! She didn't like it so well.....but it was cute!
Ok....she REALLY didn't like it. But don't you love how she already had her snow boots on with summer clothes??? Always has those snow boots on that Aunt Jen sent!!!! Always! Too cute!
Maddy being silly while we were practicing volleyball last night!

~~~Last Years Snow Days ~~~
(Lyza's first snow!)



















































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have 2 beautiful girls! Love the pics of the snow boots. Justed wanted to say thanks for your comment tonight. It's nice to know that someone else has been there too and seeing where you're at now. I have so much to look forward to!

Becky said...

Kindred Spirits! I do the same thing - buy things for the girls at consignment stores and garage sales and have their wardrobes way in advance. And I bought this years winter coats at the end of last season when they were on sale, too. I am not looking forward to the time when they will no longer allow this.