Thursday, September 11, 2008

Wait on Him



It is no secret to my close family and friends that it has been one of those weeks where I wished I could curl up and hide from the world. If something were going to go wrong, it was. The week has now ended and I am still alive.....and I found the strength to read todays reading in "New Day, New You" by Joyce Meyer. My how God just sticks those little reminders everywhere we look, that is, when we take the time to look. I will share what I learned today:


Isaiah teaches us to wait for the Lord when we know our strength needs to be renewed. Waiting for God means spending time with Him in His Word and His presence. There are certain people you can draw strength from just by being around them. Their very presence, the way they talk and approach life seems to make us feel better when we are dicouraged or feeling down in any way. Likewise there are others who can always make us feel worse. They have a way of putting a negative edge on everything.


"Those who wait for the Lord (who expect, look for, and hope in Him) shall change and renew their strength and power; they shall lift their wings and mount up (close to God) as eagles (mount up to go the sun); they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint or become tired" Isaiah 40:31


4 comments:

Christy said...

Amen Sista!!

Anonymous said...

So true!

Anonymous said...

So true!

Rachel said...

Praying for you sweet sister in Christ...