Sunday, September 28, 2008

What gives????

This is my perfect little princess, Lyza. You all know her as fun loving, sweet, smart, comical and a weeeeee bit LOUD!

Well, the past few days Lyza has decided that she does not like for me to sing to her at night.....how do I know this??? She bites me in the BOOB! Every time. My boob hurts!

So what could be provoking this little devil inside her?? She always like my singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" before.....and "Itsy Bitsy Spider" was always a huge hit. Has my voice taken a plunge for the worse??? At first I thought teething...her teeth hurt....but after multiple tests I came to the conclusion she was biting me out of spite. And mind you, it is only at night before bed. I even let Chris peek while I was rocking her (another new thing she is demanding now) just so he wouldn't think some cat attacked my chest or something :-)))

Hopefully just a phase. I always bit Madisyn back to teach her no...but somehow biting a two year old in the boob just doesn't seem right. ha ha!


So...on to other things now. We had a wonderful weekend.....Today Chris and I went out to some property waaayyy on the other side of Evansville. A co-worker of his to saw and split wood. Maddy got to babysit....Mom and Dad got to spend some time alone....chopping wood. Romantic....I know. To top it off, his coworker wanted to show him all 50 acres of the property and name off EVERY tree on the property............BY FOOT! I may be a weinie BUT those were some STEEP hills and valleys and with my back......I was going down the hill thinking the whole time ...."If I am going down, that means I have to go back up somehow...surely there is a golf cart/four wheeler...or something at the bottom of this ravine to take me back up. Nope...did you hear me? NOPE! So......hill after hill after hill it took about 2 hrs and I was worn out, needed a breathing tube and gave evil eyes to the men involved in this "trickery" of...."We're just going to cut wood". Although I must say......it was beautiful property!

Next I must say....YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS. Chris and I were sitting on our porch last night about 10 pm watching the deer eat off the apple trees like we do so often. A bus comes barreling down the road.......the deer runs...........THUD/SMASH/EEEEKKKKS. It was the most awful sound I have ever heard. The bus HIT the deer and kept on going. EWWWWW. So my "Survivor Clad" hubby goes and gets a flashlight and a knife (apparantly it is the kind thing to do if a deer is still alive on the road...slit it's throat). UGGGGGG. The deer was no where to be found, so it must have nestled off into the woods to die. Poor thing......the crash of it was really a horrifying sound. I may have shed a tear, or two!

Tonight we went over to the inlaws for dinner! We had a nice time just relaxing.....playing with the kiddos outside and some great chili! Sometimes it is just so easy to get caught up in all the things going on in our own lives and webs...we all to often forget to make family time with family outside our immediate family. We really should make more of an effort to do this.

Right now I am doing photo shoots on the weekends.......and I just love it. Maybe SantaBaby will bring me a new camera so I can start making some real money next year!!

This week is full of volleyball practices and tourneys.......then the upcoming weekend is Julianna's Birthday Party and Olivia's Birthday Party....turning 1!!

All my plans for Lyza's party have fallen into place. Invites done, thank you notes ready, labels, attire........and Madisyn even had special invites done this year!!! Oh how much fun fall is!!!!!! My favorite time of the year! I love planning parties!


2 comments:

Becky said...

OUCH! I'll count myself lucky that Amaya just yells - "Don't sing me!" And isn't it funny that Amaya has also been demanding to be rocked lately.

Cindy said...

OUCH! Daniel just yells, "NO, Daniel sing. It my turn."
Love the pics!