Monday, October 19, 2009

Long Sunday......Sad News

What a very long weekend it has been for us. Chris' grandfather passed at at 4 am this morning. He was just getting off work and went straight there and stayed with the family until around 7 am or a bit later until the coronor came. What a sad day for our family to lose someone we loved so much. Ironically, Chris' aunt came in from out of state last weekend, and his brother and family were here and left just yesterday. So everyone got to say their goodbyes. It was a long day for us, it is so hard to see the ones you love grieving so deeply.

My mom and niece, LaRissa came to stay with me last night, so luckily I asked my mommy to crawl in bed with me this morning at 4 am when I got the call.....I felt like a child! But I am so thankful she was here.....things seem to be so different when my mom is with me. We shopped all night....took Lyza and LaRissa to the big library, went out to dinner, to the pet store, Target.....we didn't get home until nearly 10:30 pm (Maddy stayed over with a friend)...and the kids were still raring to go and watched one of the Hannah Montana movies they checked out at the library.

LaRissa woke up REALLY early this morning yelling in my room "WHERE'S Nonny....WHERE's Nonny...she's not in her bed (they were sleeping on the bunks)....I was oh so tired and achy and told her she was in bed with me and asked her if she wanted to get in bed with me.........she replied NO, she wanted to watch more Hannah Montana DVD's. So I got up, got her snuggled on the couch, fed all the animals, put PuppyBear Macey out on her lead......and I went back to bed. I got up about 15 min before we needed to leave for church......Mama thankfully had all the kids ready to go (they got shiny ruby red slippers last night while shopping!) we arrived at church a bit late. I actually had the pastor take Madisyn and I in a room so I could tell her that Pops had passed away....I wasn't sure how she would react since she's never really dealt with a death so close in the family. He was a great help and I am blessed to have such wonderful, caring people in our lives......Thanks Mike D.

After church we ran over to Nanna's so my mama could see her, we then went and got lunch. We kinda had to knock off our plans to go to the riverwalk and park...but that's happens!

Tomorrow is my day for surgery.......I really am debating holding off until after the funeral, but Chris wants me to get it over with. It is going to be a long week for sure.


Enjoy the pic's of my nieces Lia and Lilly below. I love the photo of Lyza looking at her...she is so concerned with every little peep she makes. Like that mohawk???!

1 comment:

The Blog Cafe said...


Great pics... sorry its been a hard road and please give our condolences!

love you all.
greg and jen