Thursday, March 13, 2008

Favorite Foto Friday ~ Spring Fever!!!

Thanks to Sarah at www.kissthefrog4me.blogspot.com/ Our theme for this Favorite Foto Friday is "Spring Fever"!!! We certainly have Spring Fever in our neck of the woods...now if we could just get Mother Nature to cooperate! We had 70 degree weather the past few days....however, last week we had snow and no school! So, one day in shorts, the next in a snowsuit! CRAZY! Daddy got Lyza a swing this past weekend and she loves it. She wakes up and looks out her bedroom window...then goes to the door and tries to push it open so she can go swing. Today she went equipped with her sunglasses and her baby doll! It was too cute!
Lyza wearing her shades and hanging out with her baby!! Lyza on her new Backyardigans Harley that she got from Nonny and Paw for her birthday! She can't quite reach the "gas petal" yet!!

Lyza earlier in the week taking a stroll out in the fields to play with the "doggies"


Maddy feeding a HUGE duck at the park last week. He took the whole piece of bread and took off with it! Madisyn was NOT happy about it!



Madisyn hanging out in the hammock! There is no place I'd rather be on a nice sunny day!!! If only there were an ocean just to the right that you can't see in this picture!!!

Our week has been pretty calm, but very busy! Madisyn just started track and that takes up about 3 nights per week after school. She has dance one evening per week and soccer just started this week as well....putting us to two practices per week until the games begin. She is also in the "'fitness" club at school...which is a good thing, except she comes home and tells me everything I am doing wrong and even counts my calories for me! Irritating!!! She also had an orchestra concert this week, but I was unable to attend due to my back. I couldn't sit on the bleachers....I can't hardly even sit at the dinner table. I go for my x-ray tomorrow and start physical therapy on Wednesday. The grading period ends tomorrow for madisyn and she has all A's once again! We are so proud of her!!! What an accomplishment! Way to go Madisyn.
In Lyza news......she is a funny little kid! She keeps us laughing that is for sure. She has now started rewarding herself. I tell her no and she stops dead in her tracks and turns around to obey me...but she says "Good Girl" as soon as she turns around. She doesn't even allow time for me to praise her....she just does it herself. We tried to teach her to fold her hands when we pray this week. She folded them but I saw her peek up over her hands as we were praying and she saw no one was looking so she started picking up corn real fast and shoveling it into her mouth. Quite comical. I had to remove a splinter from her hand today.....you'd have thought I was cutting her finger off the way she exaggerates!!! Luckily it was at home and just her and I here! She can now point to just about every body part when you say "Where is Lyza's....."whatever you insert. Except when she show you where "YOUR" eye is she digs her finger into your eye! She can tell you how old she is with a very long #1 finger. She has the longest fingers!!
In house news:
Our Bedroom, Bathroom and Dining room are all complete!!!
The living room only needs a coat of paint. We already have all our accessories and painted the fireplace. It is looking more and more like "our home" every day! I am always looking for constant change....so I guess this is where I will have to put my efforts into seraching for a different change of scenary. Tomorrow we will start on our kitchen.....then we will finish up the living room and hallways this weekend. We will then have Lyza's room to do but we are not s ure if we are going wtih the sage green or pale yellow yet! Maddy should get her new bed this weekend and then we will all be done for awhile!!! Hopefully by the beginning of next week I'll be able to post before and after photos!
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Sorry so lengthy, but I was trying to get eveythingtyped up becaue I know I will be super busy this weekend!!!
xoxoxo
Misty

Yes, this is what it appears to look like. Madisyn is pulling her little "Sista" to her new swing in the sled!!! There is no snow...but Lyza didn't seem to care...and neither did big "Sista"!








5 comments:

Unknown said...

Maddy: your hair is gorgeous. Tori and I can't get over how good you look with that hairstyle!

Lyza: you keep us smiling and laughin! You and sissy keep up the giggles for us on video!

Misty: GO REST!!!

Our Family of 5 said...

Found your blog via Sarah's. Both of your girls are beautiful!
Hugs,
Lisa
http://our-journey-for-sophia.blogspot.com/

Sarah said...

Love those Spring Fever pics! I am so ready for it to stay warm! Girls are gorgeous as always!

kcandone said...

Your girls are beautiful! I love the pic of big sis pulling little sis in the sled with NO snow!lol

Mom Of 3 said...

Your girls are so cute! thanks for sharing. Happy FFF!