Thursday, March 27, 2008

Surgery is over.......

Is this just not the BEST DAD EVER??? First to save the box and make a playhouse out of it......then to cut windows and doors? But then he went ever further and played in there with the kids like he was a kiddo himself......then left it in our small living room for three weeks! :-))




It has been an interesting couple of days with surgery lurking around the corner for Chris. We had to get all of our painting done because we knew his arm would be out of commission for 6-8 weeks! So....at 6:30 pm last night he was still painting our living room. My mother arrived in from out of town to help out with Lyza and we didn't even have a living room to sit in! It was a mess......but, by 8 pm the room was done and all the furniture was arranged back in place....just not against the walls. How did it turn out?????? Well, it was supposed to be tan and my mother walked in and said "Oh....I didn't know you were painting it GREEN"! Yes...the walls have a hint of green in them......a very pretty subtle green but all our rugs, furniture and decor are black/tan! BUT, with the lighting and walls, it kinda makes the tan in our rugs look the same green color so we are safe. The TERRIBLE part......well, all his work to tape off the trim backfired. When we took the tape off it peeled off the paint on the trim......so, after we thought we were done now we have to go back and fix the trim! Such is life I guess.....but the house is done and aside from crown molding...we are DONE!!!
Today was Chris' surgery on his arm. It was to repair the cartlidge in his right arm for the second time. They had to tie the cartlidge together and put in another two anchors. This surgery only lasted for 1.5 hrs.....but we had to be there by 6:30 am so it was an early morning for us. Very early for me since I am not used to getting up. I looked like a zombie and when I had to put my contacts in my eyes watered for 20 min. I instantly remembered why I love my life so much.....I don't have to get out of bed and get ready in the mornings!!!!!!
The surgery went well but they had some trouble getting him awake from the anesthesia so they called me back to help. He came out of it and was in intense pain and was making NO sense. Comical.....yes, but a little scary because the tears started and he asked for morphine. The sentence prior he asked to go go-cart driving....don't ask me why, we haven't done that in four years!!!!! Funny.....but, they did give him the morphine, pain pills, anti inflammatory and he felt better. We finally made it home around noon....so it was a long morning. He will be out of work for several weeks and won't be able to fully use his right arm for about 8 weeks. He starts therapy this Saturday all ready! Thank you for your prayers and words of humor and encouragement! We appreciate it!!!
More to post tomorrow!!!
~~ Misty


1 comment:

Angel said...

OH POOR DADDY! :0( That is awful. Take the man to the go-carts for goodness sake. He deserves it. Hope he feels better soon. Angel