Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Snow Day!!!!



Yes....we went from "Day at the Park"....to "Snow Day" within a matter of days! The kids were let out of school early yesterday for pending bad weather......which turned out to be ok because I had to take my kids and myself to the dr. for viral infections!...So Madisyn wasn't at school yesterday anyway. The predictions were actually right on time so it is a good thing they let out early. We got several inches of snow with an inch or so of ice on top of it. Now we are battling downed power lines due to the thickness and weight of the ice. It is still freezing rain outside now.


I felt so sorry for Madisyn this morning as she went outside to play, alone...and was sliding down the hill on her bottom. No sled. SOO, I called her friend, Jordyn, because she does not live far away and her dad is in construction so has a nice big truck! They brought three sleds and I geared them all up and outside they went! Loads of fun. You can just hear the branches breaking and as you walk it is all crunching because of the ice. Makes for pretty cool sledding though! I did it myself, but won't post those pic's!!! I'll spare you this once! They made their way inside to hot chocolate and chicken noodle soup. I will save Lyza's first sledding experience for Daddy. She doesn't like the snow and I"m pretty sure she will not like going down a hill on a sled in it either......so I'll let Daddy have that "First"!!! Have a warm evening!!

~~ Misty














No comments: