Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Tornado Tuesday....




Every Tuesday for three weeks now we have had the craziest weather....very high temps for January, dropping to freezing within hours. Today the high is supposed to be 70 degrees......the rain is supposed to change to snow after midnight!!!! At 3 am I had a husband and preteen in bed with me and a one year old in the playpen beside me....plus two dogs at the foot of the bed and not sure where the cats were, I think they stayed in Maddy's bed, as she has a warm waterbed and that is their "hangout". Anyway......Thunderstorms and all that good stuff and the kids were scared. Lyza decided she wasn't scared so proceeded to play and babble as if it were noon...then stood up and started scratching at my feet and legs as if to say "get up mama'...it's playtime". So when Chris' alarm went off at 3:30 I had him take her to her room and she fell back asleep! Maddy is now off to school, though I am sure they will cancel her field trip today due to all the forecasts in the weather. Hail, tornadoes, damaging winds...etc. Every Tuesday for the last three weeks......isn't that weird. So I have strategically placed all the candles and flashlights in case the power goes out and am charging the cell phones. Usually we are one of the first without power, but somehow the last two storms we still had power when everyone around us had none! Mysterious....very mysterious! :-) Above are a couple of sneak peeks of Lyza's photo session at Penny's a few weeks ago!!! I will post more througout the week! Enjoy, stay warm, dry and safe!!!


~~ Misty

1 comment:

Christina said...

We are right there with you on the funky weather. Good ole Indiana. Stay safe.