Friday, February 15, 2008

Dia feliz de Armistad....Happy Valentines Day......times TWO!

We are safely at our hotel in Louisville! Our room is great and we left early so Madisyn could enjoy some swimming....which she decided not to do. She said she just wanted to play with Lyza, catch up on homework and stuff before taking off on her flight! Which was fine with us! Chris is super sick again....went to the dr. before we left this morning and has bronchitis, chest junk going on and is not good. Probably if we could have just gone home, we would have. However, our room was a guaranteed room because........WHEN WE ARRIVED there were roses, champagne, chocolates, a gift basket of body butters, shower gels, lotions, candy, stuffed animal and a few other things! Cute champagne glasses and chocolates on our pillows! VERY NICE!!! Chris also went this a.m. and got the girls their gifts......Maddy was happy to get a "Jonas Brothers" special edition cd and dvd combo and an angel bear stuffed animal! Lyza was happy to get a soft stuffed puppy dog with chocolates and a Little Einsteins dvd!!! Mama got a new book entitled "Secrets" and a journal to match called "The Secret Keeper". They are leather bound and very nice. You will not believe the verse/paragraph I first turned to in the book! I will post that tomorrow. Very fitting for our situation right now with baby Sydney!
It is kind comical because the hotel is filled with Farmers! Yes, farmers from all over! There is a huge tractor show at Freedom Hall. When I checked in the lady asked if I was here for the Farmers Convention! OK, is it my looks, or the twang that gives way to the "farm/country girl" in me?? I kinda snickered and told her no, but that sounded interesting, as I grew up on a farm. Well..in the shuttle it was Maddy and I with about 6 farmers around my dads age. Just listening to their conversations were cracking me up! I bet they were thinking I had no clue what they were talking about. It reminded me so much of home though! Then on the way back in the shuttle it was some "young" farm boys.....and I wonder to myself if they had a clue that I knew they were talking "crap"....ha! I wanted to speak up and tell them that was incorrect info, but I refrained with a smile. After all, they were California farmers, and I am sure that is a bit different than Indiana farming! Very entertaining though....so I completely do not feel out of place in the lobby typing this in my flannel pajamas. As a matter of fact, looking around the place I actually look pretty normal!!! The funny thing when we came into the hotel Maddy and I were sitting waiting on the shuttle to the airport and an old farmer walked in with his flannel shirt and overalls on a hanger! I imagined my daddy walking in with his on a hanger......EXCEPT, and yes, this is true....if my dad goes biking, he wears two pair of clothing.... He says he is saving on baggage because he has one set on to wear that day, then one outfit for the next day also. Yes, my dad is a redneck and I love him to pieces....but he does come up with some Doozy ideas!!!! Love ya Paw!
I took Maddy to the airport via the shuttle from the hotel and we ordered dinner in from Puckers. It was so-so.....but that is ok since I am on a "diet"! :-) We played with Lyza.....took some video of her discovering a toy squeaks....she has had it forever and just made this discovery! It was so cute. She just laughed and laughed at it! I will post that tomorrow as well!
I miss Maddy and if you are reading.....I love ya girl and will see you in just a few days!!! I hope you had a wonderful Valentines day and hope you liked your little "surprise" in your luggage!!!
To our family....we are here, safe, sound and well......Chris isn't well, but Lyza and I are doing fine. We are holding off on swimming/hot tub tonight and going to go in the morning since Chris is running a fevr tonight. Have a great evening and can't wait to post my paragraph and video tomorrow!
xoxoxo
Misty

1 comment:

Guatmama said...

What a great night away - nothing like beating the hum,drum of winter!