Sunday, June 29, 2008

Another Month Gone.....

I must admit...I miss my oldest Princess in a pretty serious way! I exclaimed to Chris just today that she had only been gone one week! I have 23 days left until I see her for several days, then she must go back to PA for two more weeks before school. Her leaving every year turns me into someone I don't know, don't recognize or even care to know. It gets bad.....so this week I have learned AGAIN to "Just Let Go and Let God". Over and Over again......who ever really gets it right the first time anyway right? :-)



We had some wonderful family time at my mom and dad's this weekend celebrating her birthday. It is always a treat when we are all together. Always something crazy happening or someone gets into it with my dad (mostly my mom).....it is just FUN, crazy times....that I am "Oh so thankful for". We aren't your average "normal" family....but when I look around at the world now....I'm sorry, but I think we are just about as normal as it is gonna get!!!


We got my mom an ice cream cake for her birthday with little oreo crumbs in it??!! You know, the kind from Dairy Queen. Well, my brother dropped a "crumb" on his pants and picked it up and ate it real quick, as his wife was screaming, then he started screaming "It's bitter, It's bitter". Well, it was a black bug impersonating an oreo cookie crumb :-)) We got a good laugh out of it. Trish was trying to swipe it off his pants but coudn't get to it in time....note: If you know my brother you know why she couldn't get it on time....he shovels it in pretty quickly!



Chris and Brandon entertained the kids in the pool....that Brydon is a pool shark.....NO FEAR! Chris and I took LaRissa back the road to get rocks out of the creek for our landscaping that we did today. We waded in the water and picked some blackberries!



I hope this week is a good one for everyone. Only a few more weeks of Chris being on this shift, then I think I may go back to being somewhat normal.....I hope....I pray!

I am going to try to do a "LAST YEAR VS THIS YEAR" in portraits of family, kids, nieces, nephews, dogs, cats. It is amazing how much people/places/things change so very much in one year~








My beautiful niece, LaRissa
This is my sweet, innocent looking nephew! (Yep, he has us all fooled at times)





Princess Madisyn.....she IS a PRINCESS!

Maddy and Her friend A., Aren't they stylin'?















































3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your neice and Nephew are soooooooooo cute!

Guatmama said...

Misty,

Great photos lately! I am certain that Madison misses you just as much! Thinking of you while she is away.

Christy said...

I am amazed at how much LaRissa looks like Taylor.