Sunday, June 15, 2008

Marvelous Monday......Party Recap #1!

  1. We really, truly did have a wonderful weekend with these girls......sleepovers were always my most memorable childhood times. I loved the sleepover parties at my house . I am now the mom that always has all the girls in our home...all the time. I like it that way... believe it or not...and I am more than sure I will continue to for years to come. Something about always having them here makes me feel better........We have lots of room to roam around on! I'm trying to teach them to be a little more creative.
This weekend NOTHING went as planned. We were doomed from the start. It was supposed to be a campout birthday party with camping two nights at Harmonie State Park on adjoining lots. The girls had their own space, Chris and I had ours. They have a very nice pool there, so cooling off wasn't an issue.....we were ready for a nice country, tent camping, being in your lounge clothes all day long campout party. Well....no campout. Rivers crested this weekend, closing the park...Plan #2.
All the girls arrive at our house on Friday about 11 am sooooo I took them to get their toenails and fingernails painted at a new salon nearby. NOT SO GOOD. Took her over three hours to do JUST a polish change on 5 girls. And only Maddy had fingers and toes done.....the others, JUST NAILS. And it wasn't a pretty nail job either that someone might say "Oh how cute".....they were not pretty and most were already peeled off by Sat. morning! WHOOPS....Ok, learned our lesson there.
Friday night we all got ready for Maddy's dance recital without one glitch~ My mom came down, we were all ready on time, Chris took a few girls with him (he also took Lyza to his stepmothers to watch)...we arrived on time, her performance was awesome...the girls enjoyed it and we had a wonderful night!!! We arrived home at 10 pm and stayed up until 2 am....yes, we moved everyones air mattresses around...but we played "Catch Phrase" until about 2 am or somewhere close to that. Yes.....Me, Chris, Mom and the girls.....Lyza did not get to play! We had a wonderful time and everyone got to sleep on time (as far as I know...I guess there is no "on time" at a slumber party. They woke up to Chris making pancakes, had orange juice, chocolate milk, and regular milk waiting on them......YUMMIES as Lyza would say. After breakfast my mama took Lyza up to G.G. 's house to stay the night. The girls, Chris and I all got ready for some swimming.......stay tuned, the best is yet to come!!!!
Misty
Madisyn........partying to much????
5 pm Sunday Night



Scavenger Hunt 2008




































FUN IN THE SUN














1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how fun... looks like a weekend at my house. Having girls this age is alot of fun.