Sunday, June 8, 2008

What a treasure......







Could any parent ask for a better report card??? I just LOVE this....I LOVE it so much I hung it on the wall next to her "Distinguished Scholar" plaque that she received! Why am I so proud? Well first of all....it is completely filled with A's and great comments! Madisyn rarely asked for help with her school work throughout the year....AND, it was her first year of middle school, which we all know is a HUGE adjustment! Madisyn was not only adjusting to a new school, new teachers, new routine...but also a new little sister. That is quite a huge deal for us because she had been an only child for 11 years. We also arrived home on the day before her birthday..which was hard because everyone was coming in to see the new addition to the family...and her birthday was probably somewhat overlooked...or at least it felt that way to her. She by no means was left out, or didn't get to have a huge party as usual....it was just a big adjustment for her, understandably.


Madisyn has such a wonderful spirit about her.....her smile can light up a room the minute she walks in. She has such a caring way about her...but is also a tadbit sensitive....truthfully, she can be very sensitive at times, however, I feel that is somewhat my fault because as an only child she has been "catered" to and sheltered somewhat. She has wonderful friends that she is surrounded with constantly, a wonderful and talented athlete, a kind and compassionate friend to everyone in her path and obviously a very smart little angel! I could not be more proud to call her my daughter! She is a sweetie....................Congrats Maddy on a job well done!


xoxoxoxo

2 comments:

Christina said...

Way to go Madisyn...awesome job.

Love the new look to the blog too.

Becky said...

Congrats Maddy and Happy Birthday! Misty - you lucked out with that one - what a great kiddo! I can only hope that my girls are doing these things when they get to be twelve!