Saturday, June 21, 2008

Whirlwhind Day....new baby kittens @ 3 am! Updates!

  • Friday was a whirlwind day.....as many of the past days seem to have been. Madisyn flew out of Louisville early this morning and of course, it was just as pleasant as I thought it was going to be. UGGG...this will be the longest she has been away from me and I have done nothing but bawl my head off all afternoon. I do not do well around this time of year when she leaves. I Turn into someone I, myself, don't even know! I took Lyza to my mother in laws to play a little....thinking I would kill some time while Chris was sleeping but when I got home and ready to take a shower......she had written in tub crayons on the wall "I love You.....I will miss you"! Love, Maddy.........well, I indeed did have more tears left and they seemed to just keep flowing until I put myself to sleep finally.

UPDATE: It is now 2:30 pm and all kittens are doing great. We ended up with five healthy little guys/gals and they are all gray except one totally black. The gray ones have some tan in them like their mama', so I am just not sure what they are going to look like! Surprise!! We'll see how they look when they start taking some shape/life form in the next few days. Nala is being a wonderful mommy!!!

UPDATE: 6:00 am we got two more babies that appear to be tan/gray/black just like the others were right after they were born. One is looking a lot tanner than the other! She's being a good mama' and I hope she is done after 5 and this many long hours. We'll see!

UPDATE: So far I did get ONE SIAMESE looking kitten! Oh happy day.....or night....or whatever it is! It's 4 am actually!

Our Simese cat, Nala, has been pregnant for quite some time. I was really hoping she would give birth while Maddy was here so she could experience it, but Nope.....she waited until the day she was gone!!!! She was insistant on getting into our closet tonight, pacing, clawing at the door, etc. We had made her a place in Maddy's closet but I guess that wasn't good enough. So I moved everything out of our closet, put down the blankets, plastic bags, etc. and we have three so far....NOT SIAMESE I will add, these three so far are, of course, black...maybe Gray...just can't tell yet. They are literally only a few min. old!
My brother called me late in the evening and my grandfather had to be taken by ambulance to the hospital. I called the hospital and talked to my uncle, but no one had even looked at my grandfather yet. So I will call in the morning and see what is going on and make my decision to come up then. We are supposed to go up NEXT weekend for my mama's birthday, so we will just have to wait and see what they think is going on.
UPDATE: They are doing surgery on my grandfather this afternoon. I do not yet have all the details of when it was done, how it went yet, etc.!
It has been a tough week for our family with so many things going on. I am lucky to have a faith filled family and that helps us to get by! Thank you for all your encouragement and kind words. I even got a call from my BFF in Georgia tonight....that helped too! THANKS!
Tomorrow I am going to post all her "Notes from the Tub"...they are cute. And...Lyza will die when she sees these kittens! I am headed back to bed so I can ge some rest before the "real" kids are up and at em'~~

3 comments:

Christina said...

Oh I know how hard it is to see your daughter leave for the summer....I too used to cry my ears out when my two girls left. Hugs my friend and have funny with those kitties.

Christy said...

Misty, I know exactly how you feel. Cole goes to his Dad's but it is only a week at a time for 4 weeks throughout the summer. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it!! It will go by fast =)

Becca said...

Wow - it seems like you have a lot going on in your family right now. You're in my prayers...

Peace and Hugs,
Becca