Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Another Day in Paradise

It has been awhile...but for good reason! Ugg! I don't know that this "ick" is ever going to get out of our house! First Chris.....then Lyza with RSV/Ear Infections.....then slightly with Maddy....then me on and off....More on than off. I got to my worst point yesterday....I was throwing up so terribly I had to call Chris home from work. He has been so great to take care of me and the girls when I can't! He even got the pleasure of taking Maddy to dance practice last night and I think he enjoyed it. I went to bed crying and he very lovingly wrapped my head in cold wash cloths and fixed me warm tea with honey. My head was hurting so bad I thought it would split open. I was trying not to take anything but finally took an excederin migraine at 2 am and am doing ok now. Hope I can go back to sleep for a few hours peacefully!!
Updates: Lyza is doing a little better with her coughing spells. Mornings seem to be the worst. I give her everything she has to take all inone shot first thing to get it out of the way! I hate giving her medicine!!! She then normally will go number #2....flip around while watching Nick Jr. then fall asleep for about 1/2-1 hr! Then I wake her, give her a bath, have fun bubbly time...feed her again and play with her until naptime. Daddy and Maddy get home almost the same time right now....which is a bit unusual for us. But I am learning to get used to it. We got a little big of ice the other day. Madisyn's bus was late (good thing, we were late getting up).....and she thought it was just snow on the road....though I warned her because traffic was VERY slow going.....well she slid across the road and into the ditch on the other side. I can snicker...I'm the mom right??? Well, she just hung her head and got on the bus. SHe called me from the high school at 8 am to tell me they JUST got there. She didn't get to the middle school until after 1 period! Sounds like our county should have had a delay like the other surrounding counties!!!
That is all I have for now! Sorry there is nothing more exciting that "snot nosed" updates!
Congrats to our friends "The Wrights" who made it through their embassy appt. yesterday and will be traveling home with Gabe tomorrow!!

1 comment:

Guatmama said...

Hope that today has your family feeling better!