Monday, January 7, 2008

It's Monday.......

Well, our weekend was not the greatest...but we are surviving!
Friday night Chris came home from work sick. He went to the Dr. on site at work and was given a couple of scripts. He has bronchitis and an upper respiratory infection. On Saturday I woke up horrified to find "Speedy Gonzales" the lizard in our bathroom with two bright eyed and bushy tailed cats hoovering over him with their tongues hanging out! He was in shock, so I had no trouble picking him up and putting him back in his cage. The cats had knocked his cage over, spilling all the contents and thus he escaped because his lid was off. I then got Maddy's things together to take to her because she was going Ice Skating with friends. When I got to the end of the drive I was HORRIFIED to find "Maggie" our black cat flat as a pancake in the road. There is nothing as bad as finding your pet smooshed in the road. So I came back in the house and woke my groggy husband up and he dutifully scraped her up and buried her in our woods next to our other beloved black cat "Josie" who we buried exactly a year ago! Maggie was actually Josie's replacement when we found her smooshed a year ago. Needless to say....NO MORE BLACK CATS in this household! All these other barn cats we have hanging around and it is always one we kinda like that gets hit! Josie was our baby......we were in shock when she died last year the day before Christmas. It was terrible.
Saturday afternoon I started catching the "sickness" and I went to bed early.....and stayed there until this morning. I only got out of bed for a few moments yesterday. Chris took both kiddos to church alone and he cooked lunch and dinner....and did dishes! How lucky am I?? Last night Lyza got sick in the middle of the night so I am laundering all her linens today. Maddy went in her room this morning to get her before school and came out to tell me her room smelled like macaroni and cheese! YUCK! Really it smelled like sour milk! YUCK again! It is 67 degrees in Indiana today....WOW, so my windows are open and I am trying to air the place out!
I hope everyones weekend went a little better than ours! Much Love to you all!

2 comments:

Guatmama said...

Much love to your family. Hope you are all on the mend!

Christina said...

Hope you all are feeling better really soon. This crud must be pretty widespread as we have it too..we are also in Indiana.

Sorry to hear about the kitty.