Thursday, January 17, 2008

Snow Day.......

I love snow days...even though I don't really have to get up anymore.....OK, well I do and much earlier than any darn snow day sleep in hope for at that!!! Lyza is little a little rooster...first peek of sun and she is up. Normally 6 am 0 6:30. If I am very lucky on a weekend when Madisyn has slept in and no commotion I will get to 7:30. Call me a horrible mother....BUT we have a routine in that I get her up, change her, feed her and put her back in her playpen....YES, in the living room with PBS on until I can REALLY pull my groggy self out of bed, which is sometimes so long that she falls back asleep and I've conquered a morning nap! I then get up, give her a bath, (every third day we throw in the "wash your hair routine"), dressed for the day and tackle the ponytails. Followed by a mid morning snack and Dora and The Backyardigans! Now it is time for lunch, change of diaper and off for her 12 pm -3 pm nap. We hardly ever deviate from this schedule!!! She gets up at 3 pm, just in time for Daddy and Sissy to get home and she goes to bed at 8 pm sharp! It's a good routine.....I can't complain. Chris switches schedules every 3 mos, that makes it hard on my sleep schedule. He is on dayshift now which makes him want to go to bed at 8 pm, when I was used to going to bed at midnight or after. And when he is on third shift.....I'm up all hours of the night cleaning and well......I'm sleep deprieved during that shift! He is great about letting me catch up on naps on the weekends or when he is home.
Madisyn had a two hour delay today...guess that wasn't enough for her, as she missed the bus. To make matters worse, my truck was on Empty...Yep E light shining. To top it all off....Chris had my debit/credit card. So...do I chance it and get out hoping to make it there and back on E with a baby in the car, make her miss school or try to find someone else?
CRYING because I made her go to the neighbors to clarify the bus had already gone...she went, and YES it was already gone. I made her go back CRYING again to see if they were taking their kids to the elementary school and could she get a hop. NOPE, they were riding the elementary bus. So....in a last ditch effort she called one of our dear friends who lives not too far out of the way and she rode to school with Jordyn. Thank you TOBY!!!
She almost missed school.....which she hates to do!!!
New Super Cute Things Lyza is doing!
"Hi Lyla"
........During our bathtime ritual she normally screams when we take her out of the bath. However, her favorite part is when I tie her up in the bath towel and pick her up (such as a stork would) and she whips her head around to look in the mirror to see her self. Recently, she whips it around to say "Hi Lyla".......too cute. I bet I did it 50 times the other day!
"Lyla" as I will call her.....has discovered that she doesn't like anyone to hug her mom or dad if she is not involved. We discovered this last night when Chris bent down to hug me. She came running on those two little smooshy legs and looked up at us with THE MOST pitiful look on her face. ALL EIGHT teeth glaring, nose scrunched up going "EEEEEEEEE". It was pitiful. So...Chris tried hugging Madisyn and she did the same thing. Reverse mommy hugging Maddy and same pitiful thing! Too cute.....SHE DOES NOT LIKE to be left out!
She has become super at throwing out anything and everything in the tub....wash cloths, shower gels, soaps, shampoos, toys....toy cups!!! Needless to say she must be strictly monitored and some toys have been seized!
Her new dance moves are something else. It starts with the shake of one shoulder, on to the other shoulder, then to her chest poofing out like a rooster...then to the hips and then one leg twisting. It reminds me of the "Elanie" dance off Seinfeld. Remember that?
ok....off for now!
Misty

No comments: