Wednesday, January 9, 2008

My Funny, Funny Girl.....

My little funny girl when the temps were in the 70's this week!!
Cheese Mama'!

What did you say??

I love the hammock! Wee.....is it Spring already?

Well, I'm a little confused by this weather!
Angel Eyes!

Cheese!

BIG Cheese! Look at those teeth!
Where did the farm animals go?

I love this Shoe...

Today we are ALL about Lyza! She had her first Dr. visit today for actually being sick! She has an ear infection and a chest cold. She woke up from her 1/2 hr nap screaming today...so I figured it was time for her to visit the dr. Glad we went! It was pretty quick and painless.
We survived the tornado and all the yucky weather last night...but it took the top right off our covered swing! Darn...I love sitting in that too! Hopefully my handy hubby will be able to fix it. He is really good at fixing things that seem unfixable to me! Lyza weighed in at a whopping 21.5 lbs today. Up a lb from her last well baby visit! The dr. said she thought most of it was hair. I have to agree! This girl...and her hair! It is an adventure each and every day. I wouldn't trade it for the world, it is super cute....but I have to wonder what God was thinking when he blessed me with a baby with hair like this! She is a funny girl....you can see in the "cheesy" photos she was even able to offer some humor while feeling ill!
I must admit, I am a bit jealous! My friend Jennifer and family are leaving for Guatemala in two days! I am so happy for them...but she got the pleasure of having a "Merry Maid" over today to help her tidy up so that when she gets home, things will be spotless! I am so happy for their family for finally bringing baby Gabe home.....but did you have to throw dirt in my face and get a maid too?? Te he he!!!
We also received an email from Gloria today! How great to hear from them! Can't tell you what all it said exactly, other than Lyza's photos were beautiful, they miss us and send their love! She is going to be surprised when she gets a big package from the family of one of her current foster babies this weekend.....AND Jennifer is taking her a package when she travels this week as well! Yippee! I can't wait for them to see how much Lyza has grown!
Tomorrow's post will be ALLLLLL about Madisyn! I have GREAT news to share about her! I am so proud of her! But I will post all the info tomorrow! We also just scheduled our first long family vacation together...to FLORIDA! I love the ocean......and we are going to get to spend a full week there in May! I can't wait!
xoxoxox to all!
Misty










1 comment:

Belinda said...

Misty,

OK I am totally a lurker and have been following your old blog and your journey to lyza then could not find it. Well I found you again through Deb Coles blog. I watched your journey to Lyza from the beginging when you met Kylie in Guatemala. She and i had the same attorney. Then it is sooo funny that I met Denise who lives by me and had the same fostermother as you. Well we just brought our daugher home over thanksgiving after 15 months of waiting.. but she is here!! Your kids are soo cute

Belinda