Sunday, January 20, 2008

The weekend is almost over!!!!

ALL PHOTOS OF OUR ADVENTURE/TRIP TO THE LIBRARY WILL BE POSTED TOMORROW!
First and Foremost Congrats to our friends The Wright Family, Greg, Jenny, Tori and Gabe who have made it home safely! I will post pictures sometime in the near future of the little tyke. Until then hit the tab :Gabes Journey Home under my blog sits to the right!!
Finally AsleepWhat? I'm supposed to be sleeping?

Sleeping?? What did you say?

What? Mama is sleeing in my bed?

Like My New Picture Dress?

Sis Sis got it for me long ago.....

Picture Time Tomorrow!

Maddy's Artwork!
Making a Mess? Nope, Mastepiece!
My weekend went pretty quickly! On Saturday I went out for a bit with Lyza and went to the Grocery Store. I don't often do that with her, but what choice did I have. I also made a Target run, which always gets me in trouble!!! Chris and I took Maddy and Lyza to their first library trip. Chris was not aware they have an entire kids section with toys, books, etc. So....HE was in heaven with that. Photo posted above! We had a great time as our first family outing to the library. I love firsts. Lyza got some story books....she is really in to books right now and Maddy checked out a book on M.L. King and Ancient Greece. Don't ask me where that came from, but she found it interesting! Madisyn had a lock in at our church, combined with anothe large church in our area and wow did she have fun! They didn't make lock in's like that when I was a kiddo! It started at 6 pm and she went went her friend Jordyn and some other friends! They left at 6 pm and went to a "concert" I believe and also a magic show. From there (they were divided into rotating groups) they went to a magic show, then to the ice skating rink for some fun, then to the YMCA for swimming, then to a local Christian run indoor putt putt golf course, arcade, laser tag place! They then headed back to the church at 6 am for breakfast and parents picked up. My great friends were kind enough to pick Maddy up since I didn't want to get the baby out in these frigid temps! And I mean fridgid!!! Friday night Chris and I went out to dinner with Lyza at a Mexican restaurant. The little booger at an entire kids meal consisting of a cheese quesidilla, refried beans and a glass of milk! Couldn't believe it and didn't even get a stomach ache. She just kept saying "Yum" throughout the meal! Very cute. So....I slept in a bit on Saturday, as Chris had to work.

On Saturday Chris went out looking for a couple of chests for the girls room. Clothes and items are OVERFLOWING at the moment. Who knew they would collect so much! Nothing in our price range....so if anyone hears anything, give me a shout. We are in desperate need! After he returned home we watched a movie while I mostly played with Lyza. When she went to bed he helped construct my Lifebook to start on for Lyza. I know, I am a bit late.....but still working while it is fresh in my mind. I am also working on a Guatemala Travel Journal to journal our time there. A bit late on that but again, still fresh in my mind, so I am working on it now. I also put together a picture album for our foster mother Gloria. She is such a part of our family now. Included were photos of Lyza before, during and after Christmas, photos of our family. The new fallen show, pets and photos of the inside of our home. Thank you to our friends who will be taking down for us. We really appreciate it as I know her family will as well. Madisyn called today and STILL does not want to come home since there is no school tomorrow. I gave in but told her she must be home by noon tomorrow to get ready for pic's. I have having her and Lyza's last winter photos taken. Lyza's outfit is pictured above (purple) and it is just to die for. Maddy actually bought it before Lyza was ever born. Cute choice and she is so stylish in it!

Today I went out looking for a few chests and came home emptyhanded again....well, not really. I wen to the once upon a child consignment store. Watch out.......I did get her light purple easter dress with a fluffy bottom for only $6.00 and it is oh so cute. Also lots of summer cutsies for our trip to Florida. Yes, a one piece pink swimsuit with a ruffled skirt and matching sunglasses and an "Itsy Bitsy Purple Polka Dot Bikini".....she is so cute in them also! The itsy bitsy spider is her new thing, very cute, but she won't stop doing it! Both sets of in lasws dropped by to see her today which was a welcome treat!

Happy Long Weekend to you all, enjoy and sorry so lenghty!!! More to follow tomorro!!









~~ Misty

1 comment:

Becky said...

I gotta say YAY! to a family trip to the library, but where are the pictures? Love that Once upon a child - great store! Sounds like a great weekend indeed.