Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

We have spent the last several days here at my parents! We decided on the spur of the moment to come visit...and stay until we had to go to Louisville to pick Madisyn up! The funny part? My parents weren't even home...they were in Tennessee! The other funny part? When we got here, my brother and his family were staying here too....so we had a huge slumber party...without our parents! I guess there really is ....No place like home! My parents got home yesterday and I had the mess all cleaned up and any evidence hidden....we have had quite a lot of fun with our little vacation "home"! Last night we played games with my parents, ordered pizza and set off fireworks...followed with the annual banging of the pots and pans at midnight!
My mother and I met some family members at the movie theatre last night and took Lyza to see Alvin and the Chipmunks. I must admit, after we arrived we wondered how in the world a new one year old would sit through a movie. She doesn't like loud noises...so I then wondered if she would cry when the lights went out. NOPE...she sat there with her popcorn and slushie and just clapped and danced through the entire movie! I don't know what was more entertaining.....Lyza or the movie! It was very cute to watch her. Ahhh...the joys of the firsts!
We will be leaving shortly to go to Louisville to pick Madisyn up! I do miss the girl! Can't wait to get her home! We will then be heading back home...to reality! Which these days is not so bad.....I love being home and just playing with the girls and soaking in their love and super cute smiles each and every day!
Happy New Year!

No comments: