Monday, January 19, 2009

from "Cups of Encouragement"

Christopher got me a coffee mug set called "Cups of Encouragement" for Christmas. The title on my cutesie mug was "Joy" . This was a mug set with encouragement word notecards, but he got it for the verse on the coffee mug! He says he chose this particular one.....for I needed to remember the word "Joy"...and the verse on the mug read:



JOY:
"This is the day that the Lord has made: let us REJOICE and BE GLAD in it"


Psalm 118:24



He felt I need to remember "Joy" on a daily basis, as he knew I was going through such a difficult time in my life.



The mug set came with some inspirational note cards:


Todays notecard read:



"Nothing touches God's heart more than the jubilant praise of His children. We can choose to focus on our temporary struggles or we can celebrate that God is in control. When we choose to live a life of praise, our trials pale in comparison to God's love and care."



How True this Is...and it still amazes me how these "small notes of encouragement" seem to jump out at us when we least expect it. What a treasure. So I will be passing this notecard on to a friend.........I believe surprises in the mail, a note of encouragement unexpected are some of the most wonderful things you can receive. They take little money, little time to write a note of encouragement to let a friend know we care.......and what an uplift it can bring to your day!



Thank you again Lord, for another wonderful day.....despite the pain and limited things I could do...I spent most of my day in prayer, playing games with my kids....and soaking in memory verses or uplifting quotes that just topped off my day!



Blessings to you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great gift! I think a lot of us forget to remember "Joy" on a daily basis. It is so easy to get bogged down in our daily struggles. Thank you for sharing!