Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Weekend Wrap Up....Plus some!

What a busy weekend/week we have had! All the preparations for "back to school" seem never ending. Then you get a file of papers to fill out a mile high when they get home that first day....and of course notes for every penny you owe, all separate checks of course!!!

Madisyns first day went great! She said her teachers were nice, all her friends were in her classes and all was well! I found out yesterday from the principal that tryouts are TONIGHT/TODAY. So...maddy and I hustled to get her brushed up on her skills for tryouts tonight. She did pretty well considering she probably hadn't done much volleyball over the summer. YES, I am one of the coaches at her school, but we have a new coach this year as well....so I asked her if it was ok that I sit out for the "picking of the teams"....and I would help with 8th grade. I just don't think that's fair, as I know so many of the girls and let's face it, she had great friends and I"d be a bit biased. So, tomorrow night we will cut down to 24 8th graders. We had over 50 for 7th grade and cut down to 24. From there we will cut down to 13 total. Going to be tough!!!! She's pretty excited though.

Saturday we went to the zoo with the SIFTGA group and all the cute little GuateCuties! So much fun. My mom stayed over night and went with us (always a treat for us to have her stay)...Maddy took two friends with her so they could run around, Lyza had a pretty good time....Loved Baby Jaguar and of course, growled like him the whole time!! We then headed to the paddle boats and all Maddy's friends (her included) took Lyza on a paddle boat ride! Very fun!!!

The girls went to swim party after that and I got to surprise Juliana with her new kitty! what fun! I brought it in a build a bear box, hoping to throw her off a bit. "Oliver" will fit in just fine with that little girl! She is something else, and MAYBE, MAYBE Becky won't find worms in the house so often!!!

Saturday night after picking Maddy up we went to church together. We don't normally do that on a Sat. night but we did....and glad we did. It was just what we wanted/needed to hear! Amazing how that happens.

Sunday Maddy picked out about 8 outfits and had Chris and I pick which one we liked best for the first day of school. she then took the finals to Jorydn's and let her decide. They looked like little young ladies off to 7th grade! BOO HOO BOOO HOOOOO

The past two days have been great ones for Maddy...I only pray the rest of the school year will be an easy one for her. Of course there are always tiffs and small things...but hopefully she will learn to overcome those small/petty things!

For now....I am just REALLY going to enjoy this stage of still being a child, yet wanting to become a preteen, to THINKING she's an adult. I get a little humor out of that. She's a jewel that is for sure..........an angel if I have ever seen one.

Today after Volleyball tryouts we came home and practiced more. I cooked dinner and while I was doing dishes Maddy took Lyza outside to play (ahhhh). She is babysitting while I am at 8th grade tryouts tomorrow! She played golf a bit....then cleaned, got things ready for school, showered, etc. and then off to devotion time. We always run about 15-20 off track, but that devotion time is crucial right now and I know her well enough to know it helps her sleep better.....and me too!

More tomorrow~~~~

~~~~~~Misty

Maddy Practicing Volleyball

Posing to practice for Volleyball _ (Preteen trait??????)
Tired after her first day of school!


Mama, Maddy, Lyza, Cera and Ashley paddle boating! Doesn't Lyza look cute in a life jacket???



More Paddle boating!






















Amaya and the sunglasses.......


Daddy, Maddy, Lyza feeding the giraffe





Madz feeding the giraffe
Cera, Maddy and Ashley




Julianna and Lyza taking it all in.....



Juliana Playing in the water!



That Crazy Nonny!!!!


Crazy Girls!!!!!

Madisyn Learning Golf

With a little help!





























2 comments:

Becky said...

OOOH! You scared me for a minute --thinking that the kitten had worms. Eeeewww! Yuck! but then I realized what you meant. Wish that were true, but Jules is still digging up bugs. I just have the excuse of "Oliver might eat them" to keep them out of the house.

Juliana asked me last night "who was that that gave me my kitty?" I explained who you were (Lyza's Mommy) and she said "She's my bestest friend!" too cute! and that was followed up with "Mommy you can be my bestest friend next time!" Hmmmm!

Misty McKibben-Melvin said...

That's funny!!!! No, I meant the previous "worms" incident!! Chris said if you want to be her "best friend" NOW, we have another you could come and get and say it is from YOU :-))))
Smiles!
Misty