Saturday, August 2, 2008

Women of Faith Conference!!!

What a wonderful "Faith Filled" Weekend! On Friday we drove to Indy and I met my "back home friends" at the hotel! We did a few photos and then headed to dinner at the outback. I can't even begin to tell you how good it did my heart to connect with friends from home....even if it was just for a weekend and sporadic...it really did my heart good! Thank you Annette, Andrea, Tami and Christy! You guys are great! I really enjoyed our time, catching up and goofing off....not to mention the great inspiration we received a the conference that WE ARE NORMAL...despite what we have all may gone through! Heck....compared to some speakers gals....we sounded MORE THAN NORMAL! Te he he!

Friday night when we got to Conseco Fieldhouse I met my dear sister in law, as she made my reservations so our seats were together. Imagine the surprise out of around 15,000 people when we got to our seats and my "Shoals (Shoze) Gals" were in the section next to us, same row...so we could yell and wave at each other!! Unreal!! So....in between speakers and breaks I could go talk to them and take more pics :-)

Friday night I stayed the night at Christines. Brian, Lia, Chris and Lyza had a good father/daughter/brother bonding evening with the girls! We arrived home late with Frosty's in hand for the guys! Girls were in bed!

Saturday morning we headed to the Arena early.....sat with Christine's small group...enjoyed the conference, had lunch, did MORE shopping (confession...I did A LOT of shopping at this conference!!!)....and then at 5 pm it was over! I said goodbye to my SHOZE gals and Christine and I headed back to her house. Daddies and little girls had a fun day, went hiking and to the park. They even picked flowers for us! We went to dinner at a nice Mexican restaurant, Christine and I went shopping.....then we came home and she is "chunking" my hair red/pink. Yes...you are reading this right!! I have been wanting to do this for a long time....don't ask me why....i don't know why! But I wanted too....and I CAN, so I DID! I'll post pic's tomorrow so you can see how it turns out. Who knows....my hairdresser may get a call next week to take them out....and it could turn out I love, love, love it and I'll be a little on the "wild" side for awhile!

Closing for now but I have SUPER cute photos of Lia and Lyza that I cannot wait to share! Tomorrow!! Maddy comes home on Thursday......Friday we leave for Nashville, Tennessee.....and Monday she starts school! WOW...busy, busy, busy!!

xoxoxoxo
Misty

Misty and Christine!
Back Home Friends....Misty, Andrea, Annette, Christy and Tami....with our "fake" smiles!
Us gals out to dinner!!!


Misty and Andrea!


Misty and Annette!


Misty and Tami!



Misty and Christy (the ringleader!)



Mama before the conference!


Mama' Misty!


AGGGGG....Funny Girl!












4 comments:

Christy said...

Great pics Misty!! It was SOOO good to see you this weekend! Hope we can do it again soon....and maybe get you signed up for the walk =)

Annette T said...

Misty,
You are right, what a great weekend it was. I loved seeing you and spending time with you, I'll cherish it forever. Hope we can do it again soon.... I love the photos. Take care of yourself and your beautiful family. Til we meet again, I'll be thinking and praying for all of you. Love Ya Bunches, Annette

Patti said...

Great pictures Misty! Looks like a great inspirational time. It is so hard to make time to get away like that, but such a worthwhile thing to do.

Patti said...

Great pictures Misty! Looks like a great inspirational time. It is so hard to make time to get away like that, but such a worthwhile thing to do.