Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Thoughts for Thursday " In the hard times....."


























Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.....and they weren't all pretty! As you can see above, I have much to be thankful for and to live out a daily life of happiness for! Although I am not quite ready to talk about all I have gone through in the last few months......one day I will be ready and if it helps just one person, it was all worthwhile. It helped me....and so therefore it has already reaped it's rewards! Life is wonderful and I could not ask for more! (Ok, I could....but I won't!).



We all go through time when life seems to overwhelm us. Times that we do not even know who we are, or even realize the very things that are bringing us down and destroying us. The Bible reassures us that God's presence is with us to help us, even when we don't realize it.



God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in times of trouble. Psalm 46:1



Praise be to the Lord, to God, our Savior, who daily bears our burdens. Psalm 68:19



Moments of darkness in our lives may be caused by the death of a loved one, the loss of a job or home, or another great tragedy of life. Yet there is darkness in the eyes of one who has not felt God's love, grace and the assurance of his hope. There IS hope for all of us. There Is light. Jesus Christ, the Son of God is our hope in the light of darkness.



Live as children of light. Ephesians 5:8



Though I have fallen, I will rise.


Though I sit in darkness, the Lord will be my light.....

He will bring me out into the light;

I will see his righteousness.



Our dark times may also be times when God wants to teach us something more about oursleves and his love for us. Our FAITH can be strengthened if we wait patiently and trust God's heart-desire to make us more like him.



A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all. Psalm 34:19



Though you have made me see troubles, many bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the heart you will again bring me up. Psalm 71:20



Our light and momentaty troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.



This is what my life has been like a lot the past few months.....it is one thing to go on living in a way that is not pleasing to others, but mostly unpleasing to God. I am "simply" thankful for the people who have offered support, understanding, guidance and have not passed judgement. I have wonderful family and friends. I do relaize what they mean to me and do not/will not take them for granted, as we all sometimes fall into the pattern of doing!



BLESSINGS!

2 comments:

Guatmama said...

Thinking of you as you anticipate maddy back home from christmas! Love you new look!

Anna said...

Misty, I am thinking of you. Not sure what all you have been through but I do care about you and Maddy and your family! Love to see your photos and read your inspiring blog! God is with you. Merry Christmas