Thursday, May 1, 2008

Favorite Foto Friday!! ~~ Giving some credit!

Like my new blog header???
Big kuddos to my friend, Jennifer, for surprising me!!! She took some of the photos from my "photo shoot" last weekend and turned them into an awesome blog header and sidebar tabs! She used two of the Gerber Daisy's that I photographed and made the cutest sidebar tabs, then a photo of an open field of grass, wildflowers and redbud trees to make the best backdrop ever! She can do this for YOU for a very low cost and is quick, efficient and will get it to YOUR specifications! Use your own photos...or you can select from a wide variety of scenic photographs of mine for your background! Please check out some of the blogs/headers/sidebars she has created with some general pricing at www.jensdesignshop.com !
THANKS again Jennifer for the wonderful surprise! You are the best!
You can also check out Maddy's new blogsite at www.maddysgab.blogspot.com/
The below pictures were enhanced by Jennifer also! Another surprise she sent to me! I love the flowers, but have to admit that the picture of "Chloe Bleu" is one of my favorite! She is such a cute pup...and has been great since we brought her home only a few weeks ago! She is growing by leaps and bounds....and who forgot to remind me that they dig, eat newly planted flowers, have puppy teeth and need to be housebroken? Somehow when picking her out, my brain went dead and I forgot all these things! She actually hasn't really been toooo bad, (ha). She loves to play with the outside cats..but unfortunately hangs on the end of Lyza's pant legs a little too much! The housebreaking is coming along and has been NO ACCIDENTS at all the last few days! Yippee!
The weather this week has been very nice...we have been able to play outside almost all week! Lyza screams when it is time to come in. I thought the sandbox idea was brilliant too....until I realized she would throw it and her head would be full of sand! You know how thick her hair is?? She'll be 30 years old before it all comes out!
Madisyn has had a busy week of sporting events! It has been run, run, run every single night! Tonight...we had NO activities...only a school play that she went to with friends and I stayed home to rest....well, as much as a mom can rest with a one year old and a puppy!
We sent off for our G884 packet about three weeks ago. This is two packets of information that we were given after Lyza's final hearing in Guatemala. We were not allowed to open the packets and we had to turn them in at immigration upon entering the U.S. You can send off for this packet of information once your receive their Certificate of Citizenship. I just sent ours off three weeks ago, partially figuring I would never hear anything back, as several families had sent off for theirs more than a year ago and have received nothing back, after several phone calls, multiple requests, etc. So imagine my surprise when the postman pulled up today with a Certified packet!!! We received all of the information from when her birthmother had given her up, lawyer notes, court documents, photos of Lyza at a very young age and photos of her birthmother and more information/background history. It came in Spanish, but all with English translation. I was a mix of emotions getting it.....I know her birthmother must have loved her so much to want to provide a better life for her, but to go through SOO much to do so. Not just emotionally and physically...but there is SO much that the birthparent must do. It was nice to receive the photos...as these will go in her lifebook and will be a treasure to give Lyza later in her life.
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend....and keep checking back, as I have so many photos to share with you and will post over the next several days!
~~ MISTY











10 comments:

Angel said...

HOW FUN! :0) Angel

Sarah said...

Great pictures and love your new header!

Becky said...

Awesome photos! Great job, Misty & Jennifer!

Rebekah said...

Great new header - great pictures! I just love Lyza's hair ... she is so cute! Of course I am sucker for fuzzy puppy pictures too ... Thanks for sharing - have agreat weekend!

Rebekah and Jaden

Tricia said...

GREAT pictures!!

ADORABLE!!!

♥ Tricia ♥

FREE GIVEAWAY FRIDAY on my blog!

Tracy said...

Liovely photos, and the header is great.

Young Creations said...

I just love our pictures. I love how they are colorized. Your daughters are so pretty. I love your new header. I am going to check out Jennifer.

Stop by and say hi.
Lauren

MICHELLE said...

AWESOME PICTURES, I LOVE THE SECOND ONE.HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.

Becca said...

Those are beautiful. Truly breathtaking. Your friend is a sweet one - hang onto her! I love the picture of you and your daughter - the one on the left sidebar? Beautiful.

Peace and Hugs,
Becca

Anonymous said...

The photos are awesome! Love the new header.