Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Florida ...Day #4

We were all very anxious to set our alarms very early this morning and get up...get going to the beach, spend the morning and early afternoon there......searching for seashells and hanging out with the waves. Think it happened......no, it did not, but we all sat on the bed and made a nice compromise. Mama is worn out...no secret to that. Maddy is just ready to go do anything and everything.....Lyza could care less...she has a kiddie pool that overlooks the ocean...what more could a two year old want.....and DAD, well...he is really a good sport and up for just about anything that makes the rest of us happy.....so we decided he would take Maddy back to Busch Gardens today....she plotted out their course on the way there! Lyza and I would stay behind. She swam in her pool until lunch time....then I fed her, put her down with some cartoons and I started to clean around the condo a bit....tidy things up while there was no one here to mess it up or take out what I had just put away!! This is what I call...peaceful and relaxing! I can sit here and type while viewing the bay.....and the world is at peace....at least here in this little condo! I just took Lyza upstairs for a nap and I will soon be following her. I promised Maddy I would go into the bay with her for "Just a Minute" tonight so she will stop thinking I am the "uncool" mom who is afraid to do anything;....I am NOT afraid....anyone who knows me knows I am up for just about anything.....you just have to remember that I had back surgery last Tuesday and I am not sure I can climb back up over that wall with the ease that I may at one time used to be able to do! She doesn't realize that....and that is ok, it isn't her job to understand yet that the older you get....the harder things are!!! Not that I am old......I think I am just needing time to heal mind, body, spirit after all our escapades and adventures over the past two years. I'll get there......I know with Madisyn being gone a lot this summer I will really be ready to go when she gets home! So.....today I am taking it easy.....Madisyn is going to fix a "Pre Anniversary" dinner for Chris and I....and babysit while we eat (at home.....very loving, thoughtful gesture) and then we will look out at the ocean, maybe play some board games, watch a movie....some family time tonight......then tomorrow we ARE going to hit the beach early. I have set the alarms for 6 am......packing lunches already.....and know we will have a wonderful fun filled family day. Tomorrow is our four year anniversary...and we are going out to eat at "Hurricanes" then on Friday we will go to "Adventure Island" Waterpark in Tampa near Busch Gardens. This shouldn't be as bad.......as I will get to at least stay in the kiddie pool and keep cool with Lyza. Just the whole walking with sweat pouring off of you and your legs sticking together in90 degree heat does NOT seem fun to me anymore. Maybe it never did seem fun....I just didn't notice it because I was a kid!! In anycase we have five days left....oh how I miss my animals back home....we will survive and make the most of it!
Happy week to all of you.....and well, I'm still working on getting that chip developed at walmart so you can see my precious girls at the ocean! They sure are funny......memories....memories....memories!
JORDYN, Thank you for watching my critters...specially the cats and dogs. Lyza keeps calling for Chloe (our new golden). You will get something special!!!!
Jennifer,
Miss ya....write me soon and hope things are going well on your end and hope you are back home soon!
xoxoxo
Misty
Thanks Annette for writing...you made my day! Thanks Andrea for letting Annettte find my site on yours....and thanks to Christy for contacting me and reconnecting me!!! FUN STUFF! I feel a million miles away sometimes so to reconnect is great!!! Send me your addresses girls!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Sounds like you are having a wonderful vacation! Can't wait to see pictures.

Christy said...

Misty, It was my pleasure. I see your mom and dad some at Crane. Your family is precious....did we ever think we would get here?? lol E-mail me!! UofKWldCatFan@aol.com