Friday, May 2, 2008

THANK YOU! ...You're not going to believe!

I may have already posted this photo....but the look on her face when she "smells" the flowers is priceless!!! She can say "flower" now too!

Daddy and Lyza bringing mommy the "flower"!

Ok...you will not believe my night, even after all is told! I had to take Madisyn to the airport tonight in Louisville to fly out to her dads for a long weekend. It took me three hours in this weather to get to Louisville...then throw on top of that, that it is "Derby" weekend and you have a MESS! So...we haul butt to get down the terminal to her gate....I get to the gate and almost put her on the wrong plane. They told me they were in process of switching around aircraft and gates because the previous SWA flight that took off had to be grounded because it was struck by lightening. YES, you heard me....grounded because it was struck by lightening in the air!!!! Not what any mother wants to hear, regardless if it is a 1.5 hr direct flight that has been taken a hundred times over the past 6 years!! So...they tell me it is still going to leave on time.....well, we stayed until 9:30 pm and at that time the departure time had been pushed back to 1 am, due to weather conditions. I called to book a hotel room and just put her out on a flight for the next morning......THE HOTELS WE NORMALLY STAY AT FOR $75.00 A NIGHT WERE $499.00 PER NIGHT DUE TO THE DERBY!!! So..that was out of the question and we are three hours from home! I know all parties involved were upset......Madisyn crying hysterically in the airport and that did not help matters, or stares!! She wanted to go but was scared.....and I just had a gut feeling that since so many flights were "supposed" to get in earlier to take her to her destination and had been cancelled after promises, that this flight was never going to get in either OR was going to make a detour somewhere that would leave her unaccompanied in a strange city! So...after many tears and both parties having driven 2-3 hrs to the desitinations...we headed home! I did rebook the flight for next week...however, now she will be gone for Mother's day....but to make me feel better she keeps telling me she will be here for Father's Day this year! Gotta love that little 11 year old mind! We are worn out emotionally, mentally and physically...but are home safe and I do not regret the choice. It cost a lot of money to drive there, parking fees and yes...I HAD TO PAY A SLIGHT FEE TO REBOOK!! Accckkkkkk! What we do for our children........

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Love the photo. Lyza is so beautiful! I just love her hair.
Wow! What a night you had! Hope things go well with the flight next weekend.