Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Maybe I still am on the right path....

I've always believed I had a purpose in life, though it has taken me years to figure out that purpose and how to go about "fufilling" that purpose. I am a giver....I give, give, give and I love with all my heart and throw myself into whatever it is that needs to be done without thinking twice. After adopting Lyza and during her adoption I suddenly felt as if I were meant to change lives, "Just one life at a time" is all I kept hearing. So...throughout the past few years I have tried to do that...whether it be giving monetarily, giving time, lending an ear, saving an orphan, sponsoring an orphan, offering encouraging words, or just being a friend.....I wanted and needed to remain to change lives, Just One by One.
I never imagined I would change a life through my blog! Though I have made many friends and met some of the most spectacular people, I must admit, I feel so small compared to some of them.....this post I received last night really touched me. Partially because I have been in "F" ' s shoes. I was in the United States Air Force and left behind the quiet, quaint little life that I knew and was suddenly thrown into this great big world a bit unprepared for what was to lie ahead. I had no family near me to support me and that was hard, as I grew up on a quiet country road that my entire family lived on.......we all had houses about 1/2 mile apart on hundreds of acres so I always had family right at my fingertips! My first deployment was to Tinker Air Force Base and it was just before the Oklahoma City Bombing and yes....at the tender age of 18 I got to witness all that! It was a shock to my system and one of the most horrific things I have witnessed to date. SO, to "F", THANK YOU, for all you do for our country and to protect our freedom. We are the ones blessed to have YOU fighting for our country and keeping the Red, White, and Blue in tact!!

I've really enjoyed the past 10 minutes viewing your blog and getting to know your family from what you've shared. I started reading, and initially I thought I shouldn't be viewing some private family blog, mostly because it never feels right or enjoyable. But before I knew it I got to the end. You have such a beautiful family and a beautiful heart for showing so much love that even someone like me, who is in a different place and life, got to sense it. It felt really good coming over here, and i'm glad that I did. You're blog is one of the most genuine expressions of gratitude and love.after being here, something feels different in me inside. it's as if i've gotten a dose of happiness. and it feels wonderful.and you are truly blessed :)
with love,
F, from Kuwait

1 comment:

Becky said...

How awesome! What a great message.