Saturday, May 10, 2008

I am so blessed.....

I have to admit, I have a pretty sweet life with two beautiful girls and a wonderful husband! I am beyond blessed, my life is more than I ever imagined it would be. I may have taken the hard and broken road to get here, and I wouldn't have traded any of it for the happiness that I now know!

Fast Facts about Chris:



He is super cute :-)



He is adventurous



He loves to camp (he says this is why he decided to date me...because I "tent camped"!



He loves our girls...unconditionally!



He is the BEST diaper changer I have EVER seen! This is so funny to admit, and I have never told him..but I have never seen a man so thoroughly clean and fasten a diaper so securely!! (Ok..I'm as good as dead now for telling that..te he he)



He loves our animals....hey, that is a good quality!



He has a wonderful family and support system....



He is a believer and puts God and his Family First



He loves to travel



He is as spontaneous as I am....which sometimes is a deadly combination! Most of the time (such as our quick courtship and wedding...) it turns out beautifully. We look at is at "We know what we want...and we go for it then and there!"



He likes my brother......(that may sound funny, but it is important that siblings and spouses get along! My family is VERY important to me)



Funnier yet......he likes my daddy!



He works hard to provide for our family, so that I can stay home and raise our girls. It is a blessing to work for myself, on my own hours and be able to raise our family.



He is a family man....who now prefers to stay home and sit by our own bonfire and firepit, cook out and hang out as a family vs. going out.



He loves to hang out with me on the porch after our girls are in bed just talking, listening to the owls, crickets and frogs! We are country kids and love nature.....nothing is more soothing than sitting on your own front porch taking a deep breath and soaking up the night.



He would go to the ends of the Earth to make me happy!



xoxoxoxo to you Christopher!!!








Fast Facts about Madisyn:



Her Favorite Colors are Lime Green, Teal and Bright Orange



She is super sensitive and has the most giving heart



She aims to please...everyone, and she puts the Lord first in her life...followed by family and friends.



She is well liked by ALL who meet her.



She has a contagious laugh and smile.



She is adventurous and not afraid to try new things or places.



She loves to get manicures and pedicures...and at the same time...loves her lizards and anything that lives in or amongst the dirt.



There is much to be learned by all when you look at life from her perspective, her compassion and willingness to want to "change the world"!



She is a straight A student and will miss her "Distinguished Honor" Awards Ceremony at the end of the school year because we will be in Florida! She asked if she could fly home for that one day to attend! Te he he!



She loves her family...all of us....she has the largest family and is so blessed!



She travels more in one year than most people EVER will in a LIFETIME!



She loves animals....especially horses



She has her Mama's eyes and her Daddy's freckles



Traveling to a third world country made her appreciative, scared, humble and ready to tackle poverty.



She is a wonderful big sister and a great help when Mama' needs an extra hand or two.



She loves to cook........(I do not....so thanks to Nonny and Nana for passing on this quality to her)



She is a sports enthusiast! She is in soccer, basketball, track, volleyball, dance and also on several school committees and church organizations. She loves to sit on Sundays and watch NASCAR with Chris....or whatever sport may be on!



She is a WONDERFUL singer...and really knows how to put on a show. She also plays the violin and know how to play the piano and guitar! She also has picked up my love of photography and dabbles in that a little!



Her favorite show is "Dancing with The Stars"....(at the moment anyway)



She's boy crazy.........and yes, she will admit it, mama doesn't like it, papa doesn't like it...NO one likes it....but I guess that is part of being a pre-teen!



Her birthday is in just a few weeks!!! She will be 12! Time Flies!



She was born in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Tinker Air Force Base!



Her blog site is www.maddysgab.blogspot.com/





Madisyn, my love, you will go far in life! Always be just who you are....nothing more, nothing less. You are perfect in God's eyes and in my eyes!










Fast Facts about Lyza:


She is funny....there is no denying she will be the class clown some day!



Her zest for life, laughter and big brown eyes will ALWAYS get her out of trouble!



She was created perfectly for our family..we cannot imagine a life without her.



She has the best complexion I have ever seen....I would give anything for her skin color!



She is stubborn.......she waves her hands in front of her face when you try to feed her, IT IS ALL ABOUT HER!! SHE CAN DO IT BY HERSELF, SHE IS A BIG GIRL YOU KNOW!



She has a boyfriend already..with a prearranged marriage. She IS the future Mrs. Gabriel Wright....their beachfront wedding is going to be fabulous and she is going to have fabulous In-Laws!



She LOVES animals.......she says "Ahhh, put her fingers in her mouth, then lays her head on their fur"



She LOVES the outdoors and screams, throws herself on the ground and kicks when it is time to come in.



She sleeps about 12 hrs per night and a 2-3 hr nap per day! (Mama' is lucky......how come I am still so tired all the time??? Oh yeah, I clean, catch up on paperwork and parent a preteen while she is sleeping!)



She is addicted to brushing her teeth. About 10x per day when the gate is "mysteriously" not up and she can get to the bathroom she gets in the toothbrush draw, fishes out HER toothbrush and HER toothpaste....acts like she is putting the toothpaste on and walks around with the toothbrush in her mouth!



She loves to dance.....she can shake it too! Her new thing is to climb on the coffee table and dance to Dora or Diego! The girl has got some moves.



She climbs....she climbs anything and everything. She just discovered that she can put her feet on the coffee table through the mesh of her playpen and climb out of the playpen. When walking around the yard, she ALWAYS climbs up the hill of huge creek rocks to get back on the porch vs just walking up the driveway.



She is a great eater...she eats about anything and everything....aside from Jello. She will spit it out immediately. Must be the texture.



She has discovered it is "funny" to hold her milk in her mouth for few seconds, then spit it out. Not so funny to mom and dad!



Lyza...my Guatemalan Princess, you are a gift from God above....you are going to do wonderful things in life, go to wonderful places and change lives everywhere you go. You are a living testimony and we are so proud to be your "forever family".




So there you have it my friends.....you can see how truly blesssed I am! That is just the icing on the cake! I am also blessed with two nieces and a nephew that I simply cannot get enough of and they have wonderful parents(our brothers and their wives).......all that because Chris and I as well have wonderful parents and grandparents. We have a wonderful support system and count our blessings each and every day!








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've really enjoyed the past 10 minutes viewing your blog and getting to know your family from what you've shared. I started reading, and initially I thought I shouldn't be viewing some private family blog, mostly because it never feels right or enjoyable. But before I knew it I got to the end.

You have such a beautiful family and a beautiful heart for showing so much love that even someone like me, who is in a different place and life, got to sense it. It felt really good coming over here, and i'm glad that I did. You're blog is one of the most genuine expressions of gratitude and love.

after being here, something feels different in me inside. it's as if i've gotten a dose of happiness. and it feels wonderful.

and you aretruly blessed :)

with love,
F, from Kuwait