Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Florida ...Day #3

Madisyn was overly excited to get up this morning...so she got EVERYONE up, including the sleeping baby. Some day she will understand that moms DO NOT want the babies awake so darn early....even when the older sisters are so excited. She meant well....but my body is in misery, out of whack and just plain tired! I need rest.....LET ME REST! Ok.....so, we got the girls ready and headed to Tampa and arrived at Busch Gardens as it openend around 9:30 am. We stayed a total of five hours which only got Madisyn and I on one rollercoaster, Chris and Madisyn on one rollercoaster, Lyza in the kiddie swim part for about 10 min, lunch and Madisyn hair in a weave (one long strand with string around it). Talk about worn out, sweaty, grouchy, people (yes, I am talking about us!). I have decided it is not so much dragging the girls out that is killing us, it is the age difference in that one parent always has to stay with one child...and the other parent with the other child because they cannot do similar rides/things. Thus.....creating the conflict because Chris and I are used to doing EVERYTHING together...at the same time! We are learning! So...one blowout diaper on the way home.....in the carseat (I let dad clean it up while I hosed her off) and a few bounces through the door everyone went back to their nice perky selves on the back porch to the bay.......Madisyn and Chris back to the ocean for sea creatures and Lyza in her kiddie pool!! Our passes are good for seven days at Busch Gardens and Adventure Island Waterpark...so Chris is going to take Madisyn alone on Thursday for 1/2 day so they can do a little more...then Friday we will go to the waterpark at Adventure Island. At least I will be able to keep cool in the kiddie pools with Lyza...so I won't be so grouchy. Really, I shouldn't complain...both girls have been jewels. They really have been good!! THANK you MADDY and LYZA for making our vacation a little easier....and for keeping us laughing! :-)
We got to see Dolphins from the back porch tonight.....then this lady came running over screaming "Do you see what I see...Do you see what I see" pointing......TO A SHARK! WHOOPS.... Bet Madisyn doesn't head out there so quickly tomorrow!! te he he! He was kinda big for around here the "local folk" said.....Madisyn has accumulated 20 big shells with living snails in them...but I gave her the guilt trip on how I felt sorry for them.....so her and Chris took about 4 of them back!! Still a little crowded at the Melvin-Kleinfelter Hotel Aquarium tonight!
Tomorrow we are going to head out early to the beach to find some great seashells and spend the day at the oceans. We are packing lunches...we will eat early then come home around noon for Lyza to take a nap. Then hopefully unwind for the day!!! Ahhhh......I've talked to Jordyn several times and the animals are all good....I do miss my Chloe!! We'll be home soon critters! I promise!
xoxoxo
Misty
Photos have to come soon......I only have 40 left on my camera! YES, I know you realize this means I have taken almost 400 pic's in a four day time frame.....ha ha. Yep...I have, not afraid to admit it :-)

2 comments:

Annette T said...

Hi Misty, it has been a long time. I got to your blog through Andrea’s. I did not realize it was actually you until I found the photo of you and Brandon, then I was sure. I enjoyed reading about you and your family. I cried and laughed, but most of all enjoyed reading about what an amazing life you have created for yourself. Many years ago when you would crawl up on my lap, you were not much older than Lyza, I knew you would grow up to be an amazing woman. That you have accomplished without a doubt. Take care of yourself and your beautiful family. I will be looking forward to your blogs. Love ya still after all these years. Annette

Misty McKibben-Melvin said...

Thanks Annette....you have made my day! It took me a very long time...and the long way around to get to this "amazing" life....but I did finally! Email me! fairytaleprincesses@gmail.com!!
xoxoxoxo