Friday, May 16, 2008

Super Saturday!!

Super Saturday will start off with a bang in our house! Maddy is spending the night with friends....so it is just mama' and lyza tonight and i am REALLY hoping Lyza will sleep in since no one will be running around the house trying to find this or that causing her to stir and wake up! She has had a long day outside today....we mulched our flower beds....weedeated, cleaned up the yard a bit, our friend Amy and her rugrats M and A came along also and we had a great time. Amy is going to be watching Lyza for me when I have my back surgery on Tuesday. Chris will go to work Mon night, come get me, drop off Lyza, get me to the hospital then maybe try to catch a few Z's while they have me under! Then it will take about 45 min, they are going in with something to do with an Xray to find the right discs and inject some type of something into them because I have two discs that are too close together, thus when I bend forward I am fine, go backwards and I am in severe pain. He said I'd be in recovery about 1/2 hr then on my way home to finish recovering. He said that I would be good as new and fit as a fiddle to go to FLorida on Saturday! Sure hope he is right!
My other dr. visit consisted of them finding my left ovary not working, thus causing all the emotional breakdowns, WEIGHT GAIN, hot flashes, anxiety, etc. So..they are putting me on a low dose of hormones and another medicine and said I should feel the effect within just a few weeks and the weight would start to "fall" off, as he put it. So far....10 lbs. If I could get another 10 by next weekend that would be great. See...if I had ...had a dr. to listen to me in the first place, I wouldn't be in this shape and I would look really good going on our first beach vacation as a family. However, I have chosen to just Thank God that they have found what is wrong and they are fixing it...I may not be a "hottie mama" on the beach....but I"m going to be the "fun mama" on the beach and I am going to make enough memories with these girls and my super cute hubby to last a lifetime!!!
Watch out ocean...here we come! I love vacations....especially vacations I get to spend with my family.....all f our of us this time! I can hardly contain my excitement!!
xoxoxoxo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great vacation. My best memories are of Kevin and I taking the girls to the beach. We love the beach and love camping trips (although we now take a camper...tents are hard on old people). lol

Anonymous said...

Oh Misty, I'm sorry to hear that you have to get all this medical stuff done, but sounds like you will be feeling great in a lot of ways after it is all done!!
Love,
Marcie