Sunday, November 2, 2008

Weekend Plans Gone Wild!!!

For those of you following along with my story the last few days ~ I hate to diappoint you, but the exciting weekend plans did NOT go through! I will tell this to you in short form first.....then go into a little more detail for those of you who want to follow along!

My cousin, Lana, was the first to comment "You're Going to Meet Your BFF"! And she was correct. Yeah Lana! She didn't really want a surprise, but I am going to send her daughter (who is OHH so cute and little Diva) something cute anyway!!!

As you know, my friend Jennifer and I who met through the adoption world and have become so very close....and have NEVER met in person were going to meet for the first time this weekend with our families in Nashville, TN!!! Jen and her husband Greg along with my hubby actually planned it as a suprise for me several weeks ago. When Chris ran into problems last week with the hotel situation he had to spill the beans to me, as he had to make a financial decision that would impact both families given time/distance involved! You can only imagine how overjoyed I was. I was shocked....cried....told him he was lying...etc. He didn't want me to tell Jennifer I knew!! But there was no way I could keep my mouth shut a week and not try to make a bunch of plans and talk about what we would do when we got there! Come on...great try hun, but we are women!

SOOO, it didn't happen. I had been feeling REALLY bad towards the end of the week, I mean not flu sick or anything like that, some major stomach problems going on to where I couldn't even walk! By Friday night I was still in pain, but determined to go we(as in we I really mean Chris) loaded up our truck the night before so we could leave as early as possible to get to Nashville, TN. At 2 am my daughter, Madisyn started vomiting and it still had not let up ANY by 6 am, so we had to call them and cancel. She was sick througout most of the day so it was probably a good call given the fact that I was so sick (better today) and that Madisyn was also not well.

We are planning again for a few weeks out!

I loved some of your guesses though!

They were:

2 - New Horse (Madisyn would love that, just not ready quite yet)

2- New addition to the family (I can't have any more biological and don't think I could handle another adoption!)

1- Vacation to Disney (Someday...when both of my kids are at the age they will listen....ha ha ha, I guess we are NEVER going)

1 - New Car (I wish....when the old one falls apart I guess according to the way the economy is going right now!)

I will have to do another one of these giveaways soon! As I have a ton of leftover Body Shop stuff and many other items that I was going to sell (Hairbows and such) at a craft sale and was not able to.

The day was not a total waste though. Chris got up with Lyza early, while Madisyn and I slept in (when she wasn't puking, and after me being up all night he took on the "hair holder backer" guy too so I could sleep). He got Lyza breakfast, watched cartoons, read the paper, unloaded everything he had just loaded the previous night, cleaned up the house, put Lyza down to bed, cleaned up all the toys and then started working on cleaning the garage by the time I got up and got a shower. WHAT A GUY!!!!! HOW LUCKY AM I GIRLS??? I HAVE A JEWEL ON MY HANDS DON'T I???? This afternoon when Madisyn could finally walk without getting nauseated we sat out in the swing and hammock for awhile. She started to feel a little better this afternoon after she kept some crackers and sprite down. So while I was having a little mommy/me time with Madisyn, Lyza was sleeping and dear husband had loaded up some things for Goodwill and he took them there. On his way back her brought her home 5 Disney Movies that she requested (She's going back to her younger days of requesting the Disney Classics......great thing to do while lying in bed!!) and brought home a chick flick for mommy/chris and an action movie for him and her!! PLUS....PLUS....he stopped and got enough chicken noodle soup to feed us for a week....and some groceries!! Again, what a guy!!! He got a few more things done around the house.....our clocks get pushed back for an hour more of sleeping.....and all is well!

Madisyn has talent show tryouts on Monday for her singing solo. "All American Girl" by Carrie Underwood this year. She hasn't gotten to practice once, so that is what we will be working on tomorrow!

Ok....enough for now! Sorry so long winded!!!

In a few weeks....I'll have some really great photos and stuff to share of the wonderful visit Jennifer's Family and mine will get to have! Watch out Opryland Hotel......we're on our way! Fair warning this time!

(We have Guatebabies and they are LOUD)

2 comments:

Becky said...

You've certainly got one great husband there! Too bad the plans with Jennifer didn't work out, but I'll look forward to hearing all about it in a few weeks.

Vanessa said...

Oh how disappointing! I hope things work out next time around and you guys get to meet and have a blast!! Think it's more time to plan!!