Sunday, January 2, 2011

End of Winter Break.....

I dreaded this day arriving since the first day of Christmas/Winter Break! I knew the break would go fast......however, I cannot complain, we had a wonderful break with lots of laughs, lots of fun and lots of memories being made! The drive to Louisville today was exhausting with my mind just being on overload.....and the drive home was even worse. We got to the airport and Madisyn had a delay, for the first time ever I was not going to complain about this....because we got to sit for quite a bit of extra time. Most of it was simply me just watching her read because she had to have a book read by the time she got back to Pennsylvania....but then I got her to join me in "People Watching" and we spotted some pretty funny outfits and gear! The coolest was a sock hat that was shaped and looked like a cupcake..... I informed Maddy that I intended to get her one just like it for Valentine's Day. She informed me that she wouldn't wear it... but it will totally be worth whatever it cost (ok, within reason) just to see the look on her face when she opens it. I know she is sure to think I will forget about it..... but I won't! :-)

When it was time for her to make her way down to the terminal....I sat and watched...and sulked. I know this is normal, so I am not going to apologize or feel bad about it. When we returned to the van I discovered that she left her ipod and headphones......I called to tell her and she informed me she MUST have these items, so again for the first time ever I didn't huff and puff or get angry when we had to turn around and take them back inside for her. I met her at security to return them! ;-) I sat in utter silence all the way home (not an understatement and yep...very true)....however, it wasn't until I got home that I had "the" meltdown in her room. I wondered why I got on to her and made her clean her room (only to be informed by Chris that I DID NOT get on to her at all about her room this trip, or make her clean it until last night when it came down to the final hours and I had to make her pack up)....... I realized I preferred her room to be messy and her HERE vs it clean and her NOT here. This trip I was so much more relaxed, things didn't irritate me so much.....and I got to have the "fun time" with her......this was a first for me...as she has never been here for a Christmas Break....or any other down time break for that matter. So I tried to remember this and take it all in stride.....and it made for a wonderful Christmas/Winter Break.

We had a fun night last night playing "Just Dance" on the Wii and making a special dessert after having homeade veggie soup. We ended the night watching the movie "Knight and Day"...and then slept in a bit this morning. We had full intentions of getting up and going to early service at church...but when 8 am rolled around, we realized we were not going to be able to all get ready, drag Madisyn and Lyza out of bed and arrive on time. So.... Chris and I made a wonderful breakfast of hash browns, toast, eggs and juice and gathered our family around the dinner/breakfast table and listened to our littlest princess give the morning prayer!

May you all have a blessed week and I hope to be able to write/blog each day this week.....maybe something inspiring, something to lift my spirits and yours....or perhaps just to share something funny that has happened in our family or something one of the kiddos has said!

~~~~ Blessings ~~~~


Frame that Lyza made for Daddy for Christmas. We bought "Guatemalan" looking fabric to wrap his Guatemalan Coffee in and used them remaining fabric to put inside this matted frame with her handprint! I love the way it turned out....and home-made gifts are ALWAYS the best to give and receive!

Lyza being a BIG helper in the kitchen and make our special dessert!

Our special dessert in the wine gobblets that we had out from our New Year's Toast. I layered them with Strawberries (Maddy' favorite), Vanilla Pudding, Cool Whip and Chocolate Pudding!


Lyza enjoying her dessert!



Chris and Madisyn "toasting" their pudding desserts!


Madisyn and Chris dancing it up!


Yes, I was pretty brave to post this picture of Madisyn and I "dancing it up"! She is a great dancer and I stayed up there in points with her until the last minute of each dance it seemed. I did beat her on a couple of dances, one being..."Eye of the Tiger"..... I know this makes my brother proud! LOL!

No comments: