Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Words of Wisdom Wednesday!

Sometimes God calms the storm...

Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child.

Pain is a priceless essential gift- of that I have no doubt. And yet only by learning to master pain can we keep it from mastering us. It is very hard for us as humans comprehend any type of pain to be in a good way....I know this far to well from my own experience and from watching others close to me suffer with everyday pain and/or occassional pain. I take pride in reading this by William James though "The greatest discovery of my generation is that human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives.". I have found, through my pain has come knowledge and wisdom in certain circumstances...for this I am thankful.

God is absent from the world, excet in the existence in this world of those in whom his love is alive. Therefore they ought to be in the world through compassion. Their compassion is the visible presence of God here below. ~~ Simone Weil

"When you are in love, you put up with things that, when you are out of love you cite."

The real winners in life are the people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better.

"God creates out of nothing. Therefore until a man is nothing, God can make nothing out of him.
~ MLK

Happiness in the older years of your life, like happiness in every year of life, is a matter of choice ~ YOUR CHOICE FOR YOURSELF!

Like every day, today is a choice....your choice! Make it count! Count your blessings.... ~~ Misty

No comments: