Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Words for Wednesday



I do my best writing when the "Dear Hubby" leaves for work, which just happens to be at 4:30 AM, so this is coming to you early! We are normally in bed by 8:30pm when he is on this shift, so I do get my sleep in.....then do some yoga or some sort of meditating and then I am ready to start my day with the angel down the hall from me. If I am lucky, I will get to fall back asleep for a weeee bit, but not normally, as she goes to bed that eary too! Then of course I call my "mommy". Yes....find it a bit weird if you may, but someday my mama won't be here. She is my go-to for everything and it is rare that I miss a day without hearing her voice!


I have been reading a myriad of books lately! I have lots of GREAT snow pic's from yesterday, but our FFF theme this week is in honor of snow days, so i am saving them for Friday! The few books I am reading are ...well.... Danielle Steeles"Legacy". She is my favorite nonfiction author. But on top of that (don't ask me how I keep them straight, I just take the knowledge from all of them and smoosh them together and run with it!)


"The Walk Away Woman" by Dr. Steve Stephens and Alice Gray

(this is a follow up to "Worn out Woman", which I have read more than twice and even bought for friends!)


"Love and War" Finding the marriage you've always dreamed of by Jon and Stasi Eldredge (I got a copy at the library too because this seems to be the only book I can get Christopher to read.) It is REALLY good on saving your marriage and also on seeing how your spouse is feeling and ways to help each other! GREAT READ


"The Love Dare" day by day.. A year of Devotionals for Couples

We have watched this movie, have read the small book and workbook


"Change your Mind, Change your Heart" by Gerold Jampolsky, MD and Diane V Cirincione


DO I REALLY EXPECT TO GET THROUGH THESE IN RECORD BREAKING TIME? UHHH, NO. BUT I DO EXPECT TO GET THROUGH THEM. I AM AN AVID BOOK READER.....ADD TO THAT THE FEW NONFICTION BOOKS STILL LYING IN THE THE BASKET BY MY BED AND I AM SET FOR LIFE. I AM A PROCLAIMED "BOOK-A-HOLIC". NOT ALL ARE MINE TO KEEP...I GO TO THE CHURCH LIBRARY AND PUBLIC LIBRARY A LOT. I HAVE A FOUR YEAR OLD REMEMBER? AND SHOULD I HAPPEN TO RUN OUT OR GET BORED, I GO TO MADISYN'S STASH THAT SHE NEVER READS. SHE'S MORE INTO THE TYPE OF BOOKS THAT , WELL.....I AM NOT!!! SO THE BOOKS THAT LOVED ONES GET HER, I WILL SNEAK IN AND READ. I DON'T THINK SHE TAKES A SECOND TO LOOK AT THIS BLOG OR WHAT HER MOTHER HAS TO SAY.....SO I'M NOT WORRIED ABOUT BEING Caught or in TROUBLE! AND I MUST ADMIT I READ A LOOOT OF "PRINCESS" AND "THOMAS THE TRAIN" BOOKS TOO! lol


Last but not least the book I am currently reading is By Dr. John Townsend and
Dr. Henry Cloud. Two of my favorite Authors and Speakers.

"What to do when you don't know what to do" BAD HABITS AND ADDICTIONS.


See, I am getting closer to telling what I have gone through this past year. It takes A LOT for me to say, spell, type or admit the word ADDICTIONS or ADDICT. It does certainly happen to the best of us, and it can grab ahold of you so quickly that you don't even realize you have a problem. It has taken me months and months to even bring it up, say it, spell it, etc. except to my mother, Trish and my dear husband. In a matter of minutes it can cost you everything.....you marriage, your children, your family, your own life if you aren't careful and the friends/family around you. What an addict in recovery needs most is support. They want to forget their past, just as they should......you aren't living in your past......there is no future in your past. Look forward. If you know someone who is a recovering alcoholic, addict, etc.....don't treat them any different. Offer up words of encourgement. They want to feel loved.....They have been shunned enough in their lives (I'm not generally speaking about me!), they need uplifting, positive encouragement. Keep in mind, we are ALL sinners....we ALL have a past we are not proud of. And we have ALL fallen short! I'm learning to choose to be open about it so that I can be an advocate for those who need the love, understanding, encouragement and possibly be led to a better road in life. Perhaps on "Talk about.....Thursday", I will share some of my experiences, willingly and openly. Yes....your jaw may hit the floor, but pick it up and realize we are all human, including me. This is a hard step to take for me, but if I am to do what God has called me to do (and I believe he has in so many ways), if my story can touch one person, it is all worth it. And as I have stated before, it helped me......so it was worth it!


Excerpts from 'Bad Habits and Addictions'


Meaningful Faith Must Be Placed In A Real Person Who Knows The Way For You And Promises To Lead you On It. ~~ THAT'S GOD


When we speak of God, we don't mean some kind of vague, universal force, we mean a real person, complete with mind, will, and the POWER to act in our lives. So when we say that Faith and Trust will carry you over your addictions, we aren't talking about warm religious feelings or an exercise in positive thinking. Meaningful Faith must be placed in a Real person who knows the way to you and promises to lead you on it. That's God.

So our first principle in healing your addiction is to begin your journey with God. You can't do it without him.


"WELCOME YOUR PROBLEMS AS A GIFT FROM GOD TO HELP YOU BECOME A BETTER PERSON."



The reasons I chose to break free and to live a better, more content life....and fulfill the purpose God has for my life: (Along with my Brother and Family, Mother and Father, In Laws, Friends and the Lord)










No comments: