Thursday, October 16, 2008

Favorite Foto Friday "Friends"


"Smiles Across The Miles"


As warm sunshine starts each day,with thoughts of you far away.


Pictures of you as you smile,missing you, no denial. Such pondering every night,dreams of you till morning light.


Distance does not change the heart,when dear friends are far apart.A stronger bond will appear,when the friendship is kept dear.

Respect and admiration,faith and consideration.


Qualities so endearing,feelings keep reappearing.Riding out stormy weather,love will keep us together.


Someday with you face to face,maybe a heavenly place.

Till then friendship will endure,as I miss you more and more.


You can read Jennifers blog at http://beachmonkeys.blogspot.com/




This week the theme for FFF is "Friends". I am choosing to spotlight ONE friend and her family....they have meant the world to me. We have never met in person......I bet you are saying "Wow", how could they be best friends. Well, let me tell you. We met through the adoption world andwe have gotten each other through some pretty tough times. Even after I brought Lyza home I went through some very rough periods in my life and no matter what Jen always had the right thing to say to lift my spirits and encourage me. When we flew into Atlanta to head to Guatemala her hubby Greg dropped off a package for us to take to their foster mother..and left a package for Lyza, which I thought was so very kind! I called Jennifer that night from the hotel and our friendship started there! We instant message every single day...lay out all our problems....seek advice and encouragement. Chris says we have a IM addiction! That's ok...some people have other addictions....if IM is our biggest addiction we are doing pretty well in my book! We talk on the phone on occassion and if we are on vacation we IM from our cell phones. Each month we send a package to each other and it is so fun to see what goodies will come in the mail each month!



Her family is amazing as well......Greg called me to let me know how her surgery went, Tori and Madisyn send packages to each other and email and IM each other.....and Gabe will be my future son in law! :-) Ha! He is a cutie.



It is wonderful to have a friend that you can turn to at anytime....she is a jewel and I am so glad the adoption world brought us together. I don't know what I would do without her at times. She is thoughtful, caring, sweet, funny (hilarious on the webcam.......she got me that for my birthday!!!!!) and she teaches me all the teenage word lingo that I don't understand! HA...I have to know these things with a preteen you know! She also does my blog designs, which are awesome! What a gift she has! She also touches up my photos and makes them look awesome!



Thank you Jennifer for always being there for me....I wish you were closer and we will meet face to face one day......soon I hope! We would have a blast shopping, getting our nails done or just playing games and laughing our butts off!!!



Below are some photos of Jennifer and her family!


Enjoy!!!
























To check out more "Friends" blogs check out

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the friend pictures!!! The adoption world has givin us all some amazing friends!!!!!!!

And her son is sooo cute too!!!

Hugs,Leslie

Rebekah said...

Great story and great pictures ... thanks for sharing! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Rebekah, Jaden & Baby#2too

Hannah said...

Great post. What an awesome friendship!!

Have a great weekend!

Sarah said...

Friends we hav emet through adoption are some of the best! Amazing! Great pics!

Robyn said...

What a special friendship!!

Robyn

Vanessa said...

I met some of my very best friends through the adoption world as well!