Monday, October 13, 2008

WHAT a WEEKEND!

What a wonderful fun filled weekend we had......and a bit exhausting!

We drove up to my parents yesterday mainly to celebrate my dad's birthday.......but we packed several things into one afternoon! We had a wonderful lunch and then my brother drove his family and I up "on the hill" to do a photo shoot! No, he didn't want to do it......but Trish did and so he willingly(ok, he was forced) put a smile on his face and we had a great time! We had fun......I got some great shots, some funny shots and for the first time ever LaRissa WANTED to pose and smile for me! Brydon....not so into it! But I did get some great shots, especially of Brandon and Trish! I simply cannot wait to play around with them, touch them up a bit and see the finished product!! My arms and legs are bruised and my arms are scratched up from Brandon running me into every thorn bush we passed driving the golf cart through the woods and fields. At one point I was trying to get shots of them alone....and we heard LaRissa screaming. Brydon had gotten on the golf cart and was determined to get the heck out of dodge! He can't even reach the pedals...he was leaning down so far all you could see was his hair sticking up! That kid is a funny, funny kid! Brandon took off running after him and ended his little road trip! It was pretty funny!

What a HOT day for the pumpkin patch! I have posted several photos below! Mom and Dad took the grandkids......so Chris, Brandon, Trish and I piled into the truck and went on our own little excursions before and after the "pumpkin patch"! We are a dangerous crew out on the road! The Lark Ranch was fun...with a ton of things for the kids to do (also drains the wallet)...it would have been super great had it not been for the heat! We are laughing about it now....but yesterday we were nothing more than a bunch of walking stink bombs! We got home about 8 pm and unloaded our new kitchen table (Thanks Mom) and got it all settled in and the old one out! It looks pretty good in my dining room and we had our first family meal around it tonight!

Madisyn had a big project for school that just kept getting put off this weekend because of all our activities. So she finished it up last night and brought the papers (It was a speech and she also had to make a puppet to go with it) about 10 pm last night. She told me it had to be typed! No way was I typing that late...I was already in bed and tuckered out. So this morning at 6 am I started typing. It was 12 pages long......I did not get it finished before she left for school, so when I was done I took it to the school for her. Oh what we moms do for our kids!!! She comes home tonight and I ask her about the speech, how the other kids were and she tells me that her friends was only 1/2 page long! WHAT, 1/2 page long and hers was 6 or 7 pages typed!!!!!!!!!!! Uggg! So tonight we are making the puppet (James Madison) to go along with her speech that she must give tomorrow! (No, the 7 pager is NOT the speech...I questioned this first thing!). I'll post pic's of her homeade puppet tomorrow!

Enjoy the photos and have a wonderful evening!

xoxox

Misty

Madisyn WAAY up in my mom and dad's tree!
Chris found a pumpkin for my mama'!

Hmmm...silly dad!


Nonny and Lyza


Brandon and Trish!




Maddy found her a punkin



Pretty Pumpkin patch!


LaRissa and Madisyn waiting for the hay wagon to arrive!!


Lyza and LaRissa taking a ride.....


Brydon taking it easy!



Madisyn and Lyza in the jumping house.......YEAH, they loved it! Now we know it was a great idea to get the Princess Jumping House for her birthday!!!

LaRissa made it down the cool slide!


Brydon made it down!!!! Isn't he cute?!



Brandon and Brydon going down the slide!






Daddy and Lyza going down the slide! NOT a fun ride for Lyza

Not a happy girl!

















No comments: